Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
I wish I had a chance to see the KXL110 bars in person...
Bummer... too little too late but we definitely could have made that happen.

I forgot about the mirror extenders. I assume those are the ones Kaw'ee dreamt up and KawiBrad fabbed? I'll be curious to know how they work. That's a significant difference in placement and they don't look goofy as expected. If they vibe all over the place making it impossible to see that's a dealbreaker though.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I forgot about the mirror extenders. I assume those are the ones Kaw'ee dreamt up and KawiBrad fabbed? I'll be curious to know how they work. That's a significant difference in placement and they don't look goofy as expected. If they vibe all over the place making it impossible to see that's a dealbreaker though.
These are the extenders I purchased (link). Placement was a little better on stock bars; about a wash on my Pro-Tapers. I didn't cut the bars down, so they are very wide. There is NO (extra) vibes tho, so I may just leave them on.

If we ever meet up, I'll have to sit on your bike and see what I think of the bars. If I like the KLX bars better, they are only $40 and about 30 minutes of my time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's what I have. If you have not already, do the KLX110 throttle tube mod and enjoy the inexpensive quick turn throttle. It make a big difference, at least to me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
rigged up this ghetto set up while i wait for my plate holder to arrive.

also installed the new throttle tube. thanks chris gravel for the recommendation.

Also Installed a used braided brake line from the zx6. Unfortunately, the other line doesnt reach for the front. We'll see how the rear holds up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That throttle tube works great for so little money! I believe Fox Fader was the KLX110 throttle tube pioneer here. Now your wrist won't be pointing at the ground when at full throttle which is pretty much all the time on a 125...:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
38 Posts

Purchased off Brad Cooper on fb. He fabs them for around 250 for subcage and slider combo. I think I need to invest in some derlin end caps tho. These caps won't survive a crash. Need him to start fabbing engine cage and rearsets.

·
Registered
18 Posts
rigged up this ghetto set up while i wait for my plate holder to arrive.
View attachment 25096

also installed the new throttle tube. thanks chris gravel for the recommendation.
View attachment 25097

Also Installed a used braided brake line from the zx6. Unfortunately, the other line doesnt reach for the front. We'll see how the rear holds up.
View attachment 25102
Unseen, I meant to ask you how that Mighty Max battery has been working for you. I looked at those but was wary because the were so cheap on the bay. I wound up going with a Battery Mart brand which was about $19.00 more. Nice battery but the mighty maxes are dirt cheap.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Unseen, I meant to ask you how that Mighty Max battery has been working for you. I looked at those but was wary because the were so cheap on the bay. I wound up going with a Battery Mart brand which was about $19.00 more. Nice battery but the mighty maxes are dirt cheap.
i havent had any issues yet. pretty consistent start ups. will be interested to see how it does in colder weather.

·
Registered
38 Posts
For those in the market but wasn't completely confirmed that the vortex v3 2.0 levers would fit or not, I installed them yesterday. Such quality levers.

201 - 220 of 229 Posts