Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Haven't used it at night yet but it's bright, I'm expecting it to be fine. Hopefully next week will give me a chance but this is what it looks like with the halo on and then with the angel light on:

There's gonna be so many angry motorists. I hope your emergency swerving is top notch.

·
Registered
270 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Picked up the DID 420x100 NZ Gold Power Transference Chain today and wow, what a huge difference compared to the stock chain.

I’m still waiting to get some Michelin 130R 120F city grips before I go through the trouble of changing the chain out because I only want to do it all once, it’s not going to be fun I’m sure so all in one go...

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
So I ordered a Bride flat seat about a week ago as I've wanted one forever now but I'm picky with the expectation that the seat would look like the eBay picture but it's not. I was expecting the carbon looking sidewalls and all black/gray BRIDE logos down the center with no tan or beige logos. The fitment isn't completely flush with the front either so that's got my mental OCD alarms firing off nonstop in disgust. Maybe riding it will push it down some and it'll be ok but I'm not sure. I left a message with the seller but what can or should I even really do or expect as a result. :rolleyes:

From a distance it's hard to tell there's a difference but still...
I think it looks pretty good, at least in the pictures. I to suffer from mental OCD when it comes to my bikes so I feel your pain. I used Seat Concepts kit on my 18 Grom and the quality is excellent although you have to install yourself on stock seat pan.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think it looks pretty good, at least in the pictures. I to suffer from mental OCD when it comes to my bikes so I feel your pain. I used Seat Concepts kit on my 18 Grom and the quality is excellent although you have to install yourself on stock seat pan.
I contacted the seller and he said they must have made a mistake and will send me another one but it has to wait until after they're no longer on lockdown. With that said, while I like the outer feel of the Bride seat better than the stock seat, after a long ride last week out to the countryside on the Bride and another much shorter ride today back on the stock, I actually prefer the stock seat more. Which is a shame because the stock seat is uncomfortable on longer rides but not as bad as the Bride seat was.

Suppose I'll keep the replacement just for shorter rides since it's fine for that and toss back the stock one during any shoddy weather or longer distance rides. Maybe there's a way to plump it up with more cushion but it shouldn't need it from day one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think you would like the seat concepts foam and seat cover kit. I've got them on 2 bikes now and find them a vast improvement over stock. For me it was well worth the $180.00. To install easily you would need a cheap ($20.00) Harbor Freight pneumatic stapler and small compressor. Alternately, a local automotive seat shop would likely not charge much to install for you. Have the carbon fiber sides and gripper top on both bikes and love them. Something to consider. The Z has a much better stock seat than second gen Grom. That thing had to be designed by the Spanish Inquisition!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Tried and failed to stuff a pod filter in my airbox @SqueakyHuevos style.

Any suggestions for getting it over the lip of the intake bell-end while the airbox is installed? Otherwise it looks like I'm taking the airbox off to fit it. (Unless I can take the intake off the throttle body and push it through the airbox.)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Michelin City Grips arrived today, looks like an amazing difference but I suppose comparing them to nearly 5,000 mile stock tires isn't exactly fair haha..... now just have to find someone willing to put them on.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Check back in and let is know what you think of the city grips. I wanted to go with the Powers but want to stick with stock tire size.
A local guy in our Z125/Grom group sent me a message and generously offered to help me mount the tires and change the chain back at his house. Total pro all around, he did it in just under an hour with proper tools to boot.

How do I even put this into words. It's such an amazing difference in feeling, my only regret is not doing it the day after purchasing the bike had I known it was going to make this much of a difference in ride quality.

This is hands down the best thing I've ever done to the Z over anything else, period. I've already put a little over 65 miles on them today alone and just want to keep riding the night away. All the scary twitchiness from the stock tires are completely gone. Really confidence inspiring as a result, I was even blasted with 20mph gusts of wind on the way back home from the hour long ride and no more gripping on for dear life in fear of dying due to being pushed off the road. There was pressure from the wind still but nothing like the stocks where you think you might lose control and are forced to slow down quite a bit. All the harsh bumps and road issues are simply subtle bumps now and no longer jolts me around the bike. Just felt like I was on a completely different bike!

Ultimately it makes my ride far safer as a result so huge win. These tires are all pros and no cons. I'm not sure what others are talking about in regards to turning but I was able to turn corners just fine, it just felt so much better! As far as speed dropping, I was still hitting my average 55-60mph like normal so I'm not sure if there's any real side affects from using the tire in that regard. It's possible I may lose a few MPGs but even if that's the case, the trade-off is more than worth it.

For right around the $120 mark for the set, highly recommend anyone looking for new tires to go for the same: Michelin City Grip 130/70-12 Rear / 120-70-12 Front - pure awesomeness - 10/10

Attachments

·
Registered
738 Posts
Today I finished up with all my controls. New bars (Pro-Taper ATV-MID), mirror extendors, levers (ASV), clutch cable (ZX10R), 1/4 turn throttle tube painted black (Motion Pro), Grips (1FNGR), bar ends, and Quad Lock phone mount.

I'm happy with how it turned out. I wish I had a chance to see the KXL110 bars in person, but I had the ATV-MID on my last Z and I liked them... So I stuck with those.

181 - 200 of 205 Posts