Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after buying the wife a step through scooter to learn on, I decided to go through with my prior thoughts and buy
a 125. After much thorough investigating I chose the Z.
Some very good pricing right now this late in the season.
Having had close to thirty different bikes this little thumper is so much fun, my cheeks (face) hurt from grinning.
Looking forward to learning more about owners experiences and maybe contribute as well.
Cheers,
Rick

·
Registered
933 Posts
Having had close to thirty different bikes this little thumper is so much fun, my cheeks (face) hurt from grinning.
Thanks for the clarification Rick and welcome to the club!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an excuse for me to buy another bike, lol.
But my logic is it will be easier to stay behind her while she learns on her little scoot.
As well, it just proves the old saying " it's more fun to go fast on a slow bike than slow on a fast bike"
My recently departed BMW K1200GT with a 160 hp was proof. Either ride in town in first gear, or lug it in second.
And there is no place within thousands of miles of me where I could ride it to its true potential without the risk
of going to jail if caught. 😩

·
Registered
875 Posts
My recently departed BMW K1200GT with a 160 hp was proof. Either ride in town in first gear, or lug it in second.
And there is no place within thousands of miles of me where I could ride it to its true potential without the risk
of going to jail if caught. 😩

Same boat. I was commuting on my VFR1200. 1st/2nd gear almost all the time. Always wanted to open her up and let her stretch her legs... but it scoots from 0 to 'go directly to jail' in a blink of an eye. Picked up a Z and haven't ridden the VFR all summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts