Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally purchased one of these baby's after months of saving (still financing it too). I got about 200 miles on it within the 3 days of owning it. But sadly no more riding for me.

I was T boned by a guy trying to best the light. I did not call the police as I had never been in a wreck and didn't know what to do. The two witness left the scene without giving me their information. The guy who hit me said contact his insurance and they'll pay for it....Now he has changed his story and says I hit him...

LONG story short...i now have a broken ankle, a damaged bike, and can't work.

My question for you guys is how damaged is too damaged to ride?

The impact broken my Airbox, front wheel cover, and scratched my forks up. My front tire is very slightly leaning to one side. I'm talking maybe a quarter of an inch. I'll post some pictures so you guys can see.

Thanks and be careful out there!

George

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to hear, Glad you are ok for the most part. For the bike I would check and make sure the forks are still straight. Same with the wheel. I would contact the guys insurance and file a claim. A word of advice if someone ever hits you alway call the police and get a report.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey man, glad to hear you're somewhat ok. I too got hit (2/17/17), my bike is totaled and I'm now in therapy twice a week til the end of April. You absolutely need to contact his insurance as a broken ankle and missing work should come out of the other drivers policy since you weren't at fault. Good luck and stay safe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If the bike is financed, you should have full insurance coverage right? Your insurer will go after the other guy's insurance company, you should not contact them (other insurer) directly as it can give them information you might not want them to have. If your insurance company gives you the green light (get it) to talk to the other company, then you do so. It's going to get tricky with no police report being filed, nobody is going to believe either party.... but you have a grace period to do that, make sure it's not passed.

I manage fleet vehicles. I've dealt with other people's accidents for a long time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get a lawyer! There will be a settlement regardless!
That is what I ended up doing. Hopefully it'll get resolved within the year. Thankfully my boss (had a Grom) is working with me on hours so I'm not out of a job. I'm just gonna take it to the dealership and see what they say. Hopefully it's not totalled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually do not have coverage on the bike as I was supposed to get it later that week. We have a 15 day Grace period for stuff like that where I live. Now I know though...wouldve really helped in the beginning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts