Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know if a fender eliminator will void my factory 1 year warranty? Never know. Also do I need to bring my bike in at specific intervals for service to keep the warranty valid? I've already got 600 miles on it

·
Registered
176 Posts
No, a FE won't void your warranty unless it causes a problem in the first place. Like if you short out some wires while installing it and it burns up your wiring harness then that won't be covered. If you aren't comfortable installing a part then have someone qualified do it for you. It might save you a lot of grief.

You don't have to take it to the dealer to do regular maintenance items like oil changes but you still need to have it done according to the owners manual. For instance, save your receipts for oil & filters as they are proof you did change the oil when required. If you have a problem and you can't show that the oil was changed regularly then warranty may not cover the failure. You need to actually read your owners manual because it tells you everything that is required. First oil change should be at 600 miles, so it's time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was told at my stealership that as long as i dont change the bore or stroke i can add any parts without voiding warranty. Now im sure if something you did is the obvious cause of a breakdown or broken parts then that would not be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
81 Posts
In my experience, Kawasaki North America which is the home office in Irvine CA is very reasonable about claims as long as your modification of the Z125 didn't directly contribute to any future issue. Fender eliminator, exhaust, intake etc. should be ok. Big Bore Kit, new injectors and custom mapping on the other hand...

·
Registered
38 Posts
are you able to take your bike to any kawasaki dealer to get recalls and warrantys taken car of?

The reason being I bought mine from a dealer far from me, and I want to get the bike warranted at a more local dealer.

I dont know if it works the same way a car does....

·
Registered
76 Posts
are you able to take your bike to any kawasaki dealer to get recalls and warrantys taken car of?

The reason being I bought mine from a dealer far from me, and I want to get the bike warranted at a more local dealer.

I dont know if it works the same way a car does....
You should be able to take it to any Mam Kaw dealership for a warranty claim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts