Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is this something you'd consider selling? I would love to use this for trails when I'm backcountry snowboarding. Just to cut away time for the approach.

·
Vendor
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is this something you'd consider selling? I would love to use this for trails when I'm backcountry snowboarding. Just to cut away time for the approach.
We just did the one off, and sold it. Not a main stream enough piece formdemand to justify production....

·
Registered
933 Posts
Not to take anything away from MNNTHBX's conversion, it's awesome, but the cheaper way to do this is to buy a used bike and a conversion kit. There are a surprising number of companies manufacturing them these days.

But if you just NEED a Z125 snow bike, then yeah, custom's the only choice. The MNNTHBX bike was created as a showcase for their skills. It will very likely remain one of one, very cool.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Looks like the price of the kits (several different ones are referenced on google) is about $2500 plus the labor to fit it to a Z since many are designed for KLX110. Not sure exactly what it would take, but IF I could score one cheap, I might try it on the road this winter on my Z (has lights and horn and stuff so should be legal, right???). Wonder what kind of trouble I'd get into, the VIN on the neck still shows it as a motorcycle, it would just be without wheels and "safer" during the random mega snowstorms we get once in a while.

Just think of the fun in serious snow areas where they barely plow the roads and snow-mobiles are welcome on the roads!

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/compan...o-snow-bikes-for-year-round-family-riding-fun

https://www.timbersled.com/en-us/snow-bikes/st-93-ripper/

·
Registered
933 Posts
H e l l, there is a dealer in town for me! Too bad they are starting at $2000, have to haunt craigslist and see if there are any used ones "cheap".

(Found another bad word)
Wow, that's actually significantly better than I was finding. This sort of thing seems like prime buyers remorse territory, good luck with your CL search.

I had a couple of friends go to school in Houghton MI. They got enough snow that roughly 60% of the population used snowmobiles as their primary winter transportation. You get stuck enough times you stop caring about "road legal". Especially when you can't even find the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i can cut and weld a 110 klx ripper kit to mount to your z125. just need chain alignment .where it mounts on the sprocket thats the only problem, i might have. i can cut and tig weld and have bushings milled.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts