Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been having a very bad vibration issue so bad its been hindering me from being able to shift between gears at high rpms. it started about a month after putting the yoshi pipe on. The fix i used was rubber grommets for a valve cover gasket set on a 2006 honda civic si on the 2 12mm bolts between the frame and exhaust brackets test drove and has no vibration. So if anybody else has this issue should try this quick fix.

·
Registered
347 Posts
strange, you sure you had installed it correctly and had used loctite on all the bolts

I know that rear mount was hard to do but I never felt anything weird after installing
as the exhaust mounts really solid and should not move at all to begin with

did you buy an authentic one, made for the z125

any photos of it

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
strange, you sure you had installed it correctly and had used loctite on all the bolts

I know that rear mount was hard to do but I never felt anything weird after installing
as the exhaust mounts really solid and should not move at all to begin with

did you buy an authentic one, made for the z125

any photos of it
my pipe was authentic. it is stainless and stainless if you weld allot of stainless you know it warps like crazy with just tack welds and when i get it hot and i usually have the header glowing halfway back from beating on it. i didnt have this issue when i put the pipe on and it was tight as tight can be nothing moved and was fine then it started very suttle and got worse and worse and i know it warped becuase when i took it off to do the bore kit the pipe didnt line back up at all and i had to fiddle with it to get it to go. in a perfect world it should be fixed but in reality it works and im fine with it

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have a lot of bikes with stainless exhausts
the only one that had glowed red, and it also was a 125 engine was one I had bought used and was not jetted right
once I jetted it correctly the red never came back

you also say you did the big bore? sometimes if the big bore is taller, it will make the pipe position longer
of course you did not mention that in the original post and that could change location of the mounting holes

was the glowing red after the big bore?
my guess is you may be too lean and thats why its red

did you ever make changes to your fuel settings after you installed it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts