Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where can I find the actual measurement numbers? I don't have a service manual. I don't trust one single F&CK tard at the kawi dealer to even look at my bike

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sorry that didn't show up. Valve clearances shown in the Service Manual: Exhaust 0.08 - 0.12 mm (0.0031 - 0.0047 inches) Intake 0.04 - 0.08 mm (0.0016 - 0.0031) So I would set them to Intake .002" and Exhaust .004" with the engine cold and you should be fine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry that didn't show up. Valve clearances shown in the Service Manual: Exhaust 0.08 - 0.12 mm (0.0031 - 0.0047 inches) Intake 0.04 - 0.08 mm (0.0016 - 0.0031) So I would set them to Intake .002" and Exhaust .004" with the engine cold and you should be fine.

thanks for the info. I downloaded a service manual today as well

·
Registered
347 Posts
bike should sit for at least 8 hrs not used before checking valves
probably throw a fan on it and could wait less time if you are in a rush

fist valve check is around 7400 miles

I barely had a feeler gauge that worked on my intake
meaning my thinnest gauge was the max size for the intake .004 something inches

and I have 2 sets of feeler gauges anyone know where to find a more accurate set or ones that go lower

I looked on amazon ones for motorcycles but the smallest sizes are still way to big for the z

·
Registered
347 Posts
one set I have is harbor freight
and one is craftsman

one you linked was from harbor freight

sure the ones I have do go thinner
but I guess whatever ones I have just aren't in the range that the z needs for the intake unless im reading them wrong

for all my other bikes the gauges I have work fine as those bikes use thicker sizes

Pretty easy to find one with the thinner sizes and they're cheap, too:

http://www.autozone.com/clamps-and-measuring-tools/feeler-gauge/oem-26-blades-master-feeler-gauge/1927_0_0/?checkfit=true

Feeler Gauge - 32 Piece, SAE/Metric

These should be accurate enough for valve adjustments since you just want to keep it within the specified range. At these prices you can't go wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts