Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought one of those battery tender USB chargers with the wire I don't want to hook it up directly to the battery so when the bike is off I won't have to unplug anything so it doesn't drain the battery i heard you can hook it up to the running light? Or is there any other way I can hook this up?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got one of those USB chargers from cycle gear. i have mine wired up straight to the battery. I did a parasitic draw test on the battery and the results were nothing that made me feel "oh no this is going to kill my battery".

That's great if you do decided to wire it up to the running lights but you will loose the charge feature you get with the fused line to the battery.

I only see it an issue if you have speakers or other high draw items and don't ride you bike all the time to keep it charged up.

The USB charge port only produces 2.1 amps at max under load. It will take you over 2 or 3 days to fully drain your stock battery draining at those rates.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wire it to the battery just don't charge stuff with it all day lol you'll be good if you ride often or you can just toggle switch it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts