Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put off my exhaust purchase because i dont see how i can spend almost $400+- for a muffler.
Thats like 10% of the bike cost!

Anyways i found that if you search for 125cc exhausts with a little elbow greese you can get one unstalled for even under $50.00.

My plan is to cut the oem exhaust off just after the O2 sensor, and connect the new pipe with a coupling. It should be super easy and straight forward to install.

Like here--> https://www.google.com/search?q=125cc+muffler&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiz_rvMx7TQAhXKdSYKHX31AMEQ_AUIBygB&biw=320&bih=460

And this --> https://www.google.com/search?q=125cc+muffler&client=safari&sa=X&hl=en-us&biw=320&bih=460&tbs=vw:l&tbm=shop&prmd=sivn&srpd=3898382213052540422&prds=num:1,of:1,epd:3898382213052540422,paur:ClkAsKraX7D8N3f_Yhcl5xwg-hKJ_KxatutHi6i2O5gr2mPAvdK4gzuZTqP2Fcf9n1TybKxDNjrIOK4Rxq32f47K5qCVVqXFnUALRigDAY0op5JRm1CAbiB5-hIZAFPVH73_9wKVAo1Q8f17KDWuvllVUljmUQ&ved=0ahUKEwjD7qqIyrTQAhWG5CYKHXcaAswQgjYI5gU

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think that while that may work for a while you will find that in the end you get what you pay for. I personally have the Brock's alien head exhaust on my bike. They had an issue with he brackets that held the muffler to the bike breaking. Needless to say a few emails later and I received the new updated version as well as the old version and two shirts all at no cost. I was in those shoes once where I wanted to go cheap on everything but I've just learned that in the long run you end up spending the money for a "good" part. My suggestion would be to just save your pennies and buy the better quality pipe.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think that while that may work for a while you will find that in the end you get what you pay for. I personally have the Brock's alien head exhaust on my bike. They had an issue with he brackets that held the muffler to the bike breaking. Needless to say a few emails later and I received the new updated version as well as the old version and two shirts all at no cost. I was in those shoes once where I wanted to go cheap on everything but I've just learned that in the long run you end up spending the money for a "good" part. My suggestion would be to just save your pennies and buy the better quality pipe.
This is the one I'm ordering from HR next week. How do you like the exhaust?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So you guys like to go off topic & pretend like nothing happened huh??
I like to go pff topic too!
Looks like two (2) Fucking idiots! Dont have no idea what planet they live on! :)
Probably they like to cut in line too and pretend like nothing happened, until they get punched in the fucking face!
I wish i was there to do the fucking punching! :))
The (2) Jerkoffs are Black & James that is :)
Why dont you guys go **** off and **** your father in the *** instead of going offtopic on my post?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can rev your loud exhaust while fucking your father in the *** too.
You wouldnt want the neighbors to hear the moans would you?

·
Registered
288 Posts
So you guys like to go off topic & pretend like nothing happened huh??
I like to go pff topic too!
Looks like two (2) Fucking idiots! Dont have no idea what planet they live on! :)
Probably they like to cut in line too and pretend like nothing happened, until they get punched in the fucking face!
I wish i was there to do the fucking punching! :))
The (2) Jerkoffs are Black & James that is :)
Why dont you guys go **** off and **** your father in the *** instead of going offtopic on my post?
Wow dude who pissed in your cornflakes? You need to grow up and stop acting like a a 12 YO with a temper tantrum.
I mean your reaction is like a total *****.

Was hoping to see your hybrid exhaust. Now not so much.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow dude who pissed in your cornflakes? You need to grow up and stop acting like a a 12 YO with a temper tantrum.
I mean your reaction is like a total *****.

Was hoping to see your hybrid exhaust. Now not so much.
Why dont yoy **** off??

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well that escalated quickly.. kinda weird what words get censored here and what words don't though...

Anyhow. Back to what OP was thinking of doing.

You can definitely go about it that way but I doubt you'll receive any gains through it, all it'll be is for the sound. If that's all you're looking for, then pfft go for it. Just make sure the couplings are nice and tight. I would maybe try to get it welded together.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well that escalated quickly.. kinda weird what words get censored here and what words don't though...

Anyhow. Back to what OP was thinking of doing.

You can definitely go about it that way but I doubt you'll receive any gains through it, all it'll be is for the sound. If that's all you're looking for, then pfft go for it. Just make sure the couplings are nice and tight. I would maybe try to get it welded together.
I cut the exhaust off yesterday leaving just the pipe after the o2 bung. I also grinded the weld off to expose the pipe to then weld them together.

Its ready for my budget exhaust thats arriving today :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any picture of the exhaust that you ordered ?? Seems like this have begun, so it's do or die !
My $59.99 (Quality feels like my Yoshimura pipes on the busa) full exhaust was dry fitted, everything looks great so far. Ill weld it by this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
UNDERBUDGET EXHAUST FINISHED!

I wraped the pipes to hide my ugly welds :)

She now has very nice rumble that can be heard from inside a cage ftw!

So the FULL exhaust cost me $60 plus my time and some spare exhaust wrap.

My satisfaction is working on the exhaust to make it fit and also knowing i got a fantastic price too!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts