Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing my new exhaust! Pretty straightforward install, definitely leave everything loose and take your time to get it mounted flush and remember to use anti-seize. Haven't removed the dB killer yet as all I have at home are cheap tools but I like the subtle sound of it. Picked it up at $350 shipped and am definitely satisfied thus far. No sound clips yet but here's a pic!

·
Registered
35 Posts
The db killer is basically a removable silencer in the two brothers muffler right?

Reactions: dodge

·
Registered
67 Posts
The db killer is basically a removable silencer in the two brothers muffler right?
Yes but sounds like a 400cc+ quad without the db killer. I love the way it sounds without it at idle but have yet to ride with it removed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok that's what I thought.. I'm used to calling it a silencer! Lol, looks good Jetta post back how you like the sound when you take it for a ride I'm curious because I'm leaning towards the two brothers even though the m4 has me curious

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ok that's what I thought.. I'm used to calling it a silencer! Lol, looks good Jetta post back how you like the sound when you take it for a ride I'm curious because I'm leaning towards the two brothers even though the m4 has me curious
I love my two bros. It sounds awesome. I still want to pull the db killer and ride it to see how it sounds on the road instead of idle. Looks and sounds good. I got mine for $370 shipped. I couldnt pass that deal up. Im happy with it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the sound! Breaking even more necks now :grin2:

Haven't removed the dB killer yet but it honestly a great system and sounds great even with it installed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the same exhaust for $370 its a great pipe I love the throaty sound and carbon fiber. It makes the bike feel alittle faster. Im not going to take the db killer off I dont want cops all over me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently installed this exhaust on my bike too. Getting a bit of a pop / backfire on deceleration and down shift though. Can't figure out what it might be. All mounts and bolts are tight. Anyone else have the same problem? Is it a problem?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I recently installed this exhaust on my bike too. Getting a bit of a pop / backfire on deceleration and down shift though. Can't figure out what it might be. All mounts and bolts are tight. Anyone else have the same problem? Is it a problem?
Have you replaced the intake with a higher flowing intake? If not then you will get some deceleration pop due to a lean condition. I have a slight pop crackle with mine and I have a Chimera cold air intake. I will be doing a power commander over the summer to allow a richer mixture.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you replaced the intake with a higher flowing intake? If not then you will get some deceleration pop due to a lean condition. I have a slight pop crackle with mine and I have a Chimera cold air intake. I will be doing a power commander over the summer to allow a richer mixture.
Intake is stock atm

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have noticed lately some backfire when I decelerate as well....is this an issue? My bike is far from stock, aftermarket intake, big bore kit, exhaust, fuel commander.....do I need to tweak my fuel commander to prevent the pop? I don’t mind the pop at all I just wanna make sure I’m taking care of the motor for long term life!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I would check for exhaust leaks which can cause the popping.

If that looks good adjust your tune. Do you use some kind of auto tune?

I have no experience with them, but would think an AFR of around 13.0 should be good. I'm pretty experienced in tuning carbs. You could be too rich and the popping is unburnt gas detonating in the pipe. You get off the throttle which cuts off air (not gas... at least with a carb) so the mix richens up.

If you can monitor AFR then that is the way to go to check the tune. If not, maybe try to lean it out a bit and see if it helps. If you lean it out and you get surging or stumbling, you went too far. Hope some of this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bazzaz

I would check for exhaust leaks which can cause the popping.

If that looks good adjust your tune. Do you use some kind of auto tune?

I have no experience with them, but would think an AFR of around 13.0 should be good. I'm pretty experienced in tuning carbs. You could be too rich and the popping is unburnt gas detonating in the pipe. You get off the throttle which cuts off air (not gas... at least with a carb) so the mix richens up.

If you can monitor AFR then that is the way to go to check the tune. If not, maybe try to lean it out a bit and see if it helps. If you lean it out and you get surging or stumbling, you went too far. Hope some of this helps.
Great information! He actually installed a bazzaz FI-125 fuel mapper. I have googled a bit around how to adjust these but its a bit unclear. it does talk about AFR but I have no clue what that all means ROFL. Is it easy to adjust these? And I hope not exhaust leak as it hasn't been 200 miles since it was put on haha but you never know!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts