Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
Any plans on developing a bolt-on kit with someone? I would love a turbo Z125 and a plug and play microsquirt ECU...
Maybe i might in the future after i get all the kinks worked out and can make a jig . To be honnest the kits not hard to make its just time consuming and i have a day job so i only get a couple hours at a time to really mess with it. As for a plug and play harness for the microsquirt i wanted to go that route but i couldnt find the connector anywhere but u could hack up a old ecu or just wire it inwith solder and shrink wrap. its not many wires to add and u have to chamge over to a gm coolant temp sensor and run a gm map sensor and change over to an ls1 chevy truck coil. the wiring is eazy compared to all the trial and error i had to do to get it running and building the map but i could send u my map to play with if u go that route. the tunner software has allot of things you can change and u can get the bike tuned with the fuel and ignition map to simulate the idle air valve since u cant use the stock one unless u buy a box for it. it idles just fine cold or hot without it.

It seems to me that if you get all the bugs ironed out, you have a potentially desirable product on your hands. **** you could probably find another shop to copy the parts and manufacture them for you, you just get your cut.

If we could find the OEM harness connector to make an adapter harness, that would be awesome. I can't imagine the connector is one-off for the bike...

Maybe i might in the future after i get all the kinks worked out and can make a jig . To be honnest the kits not hard to make its just time consuming and i have a day job so i only get a couple hours at a time to really mess with it. As for a plug and play harness for the microsquirt i wanted to go that route but i couldnt find the connector anywhere but u could hack up a old ecu or just wire it inwith solder and shrink wrap. its not many wires to add and u have to chamge over to a gm coolant temp sensor and run a gm map sensor and change over to an ls1 chevy truck coil. the wiring is eazy compared to all the trial and error i had to do to get it running and building the map but i could send u my map to play with if u go that route. the tunner software has allot of things you can change and u can get the bike tuned with the fuel and ignition map to simulate the idle air valve since u cant use the stock one unless u buy a box for it. it idles just fine cold or hot without it.

Discussion starter · #66 ·
It seems to me that if you get all the bugs ironed out, you have a potentially desirable product on your hands. **** you could probably find another shop to copy the parts and manufacture them for you, you just get your cut.

If we could find the OEM harness connector to make an adapter harness, that would be awesome. I can't imagine the connector is one-off for the bike...
im sure i would find the connector somwhere. just gotta find out what type it is and then i can do a search. if i were to produce a kit it be 100%thru me to make it worth my time but if sombody else wants to go the extra mile and make one by all means go for it. my 165cc kit came so im looking forward to stuffing that in soon and getting it ready

UPDATE!! The 165cc kit is in thing is a monster on the low end turbo spools quicker low to mid range is where it pulls the most and the top end is nice. still need to do some tuning in the day light but for now im happy.
I assume you had to do some machining for the 165?

How much would you say all the turbo pieces are(not including bbk)

im still working on it. mainly just messing with the turbo and trying to get ball berrings to work in the snail i have now to make spool better. on top of starting a business havent had very much time to really tinker with it other than start it up once in a while.

:frown2:

61 - 80 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.