Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going everyone!

In the past day or two I did not use the bike. Then this morning it was cranking but not turning over. I gave it some gas and after maybe 3-4 times it finally started.

Then first thing I notice is that the rpm is not at around 2k. Usually during cold start that is where it is at then it goes down to about 1650-1750 idle.

Is anybody experiencing this same issue?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I ALMOST always have to give mine a little gas while starting. Even if I only stop for a few minutes and it's already hot. I have a full exhaust and intake. Not sure if that made it worse or not

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most times I give it a little of gas also. But it always starts on first sometimes in second try.

It's just this time it took more than usual. I have bazzaz, intake and exhaust. But I think even before the mods it's been doing this already. It's just weird.

·
Registered
82 Posts
just for peace of mind and clarity coming from a mechanic... cranking=turning over. and engine that does not "turn over" is seized and not moving at all..or the starter is not getting power...i.e. engine not rotating. The process of turning over is when the piston travels up and down and the crank rotates, so saying that your engine is cranking but not turning over would mean that your starter is spinning but the gear attached to it is not actually rotating the engine.

the process of actually starting is referred to as "popping off", "starting", "firing", or also "catching" or "running". thanks...that is all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts