Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at dragging around my Z125 as a pit bike at the track. I've got room on my trailer, but I'm not sure where good tie down points would be on the Z. I've got a wheel chock and soft ties to wrap round the forks/triple trees... but no idea what to do about the rear. If anyone has pictures of their rig on a trailer, that would be very helpful. I'm not sure if I'm going to drop the coin on a PitBull restraint just for the Z...

·
Registered
584 Posts
What wheel chock do you have? This harbor freight works great with big bikes and is adjustable to work with 12" wheels too. You just bolt it to your trailer bed. The design of this chock keeps the front end stable enough that I don't have to strap down the rear end. It bounces around but stays where it's at. But if you do want to keep it from bouncing, just a couple of eye bolts with a small strap next to the rear wheel will do the job.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Also note: if you've got one of these:

It won't work well with the Z125. And in fact it's garbage for any bike because if your bike happens to get off vertical a bit, your brake rotors can contact the steel. A buddy wrecked $800 worth of Brembo rotors with this piece of ****.

But the harbor freight chock I show in my other picture is super stable - to the point that even if one strap comes off, the bike will still stay upright.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've actually got both types of wheel chocks. I've got an old snowmobile trailer set up with the chock you like, but I'm getting rid of that one as I recently had some bad luck with it. I have an aluminum trailer (with aluminium decking) set up with the chocks you don't like.... But I've never had a problem with it. I really don't want to drill more holes in the aluminum decking to accommodate the other wheel chock... But maybe I can fashion a quick release mechanism for the holes already in place.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Mmmm aluminum decking. I wish I had that instead of the plywood on mine, but my trailer is a 5x8 and I'd have to do it in 2 pieces because I can't get a 5x8 sheet of alum diamond plate. But I can see not wanting to drill into that.

BTW, In my 1st picture I have 2 track bikes shown but I've loaded up the Z as a 2nd bike and these chocks work great.

Maybe with the Z you can leave the front bar on and put it on your trailer that way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I typically just put a strap looped through the rear wheel to the floor on both sides, wrenched down hard. Not the best, but never had an issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts