Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all Discussions of Anything Specifically Related to Track Racing from Bike Set Up to Checkered Flag

48404417_2167393993472531_4461272969481551872_n.jpg

Track Discussions Prior to this new Sticky

·
Registered
557 Posts
Link to my build thread:

Zaph's Kart Track Tool (build thread)

I have to fix the first post or at least update it. It's not accurate anymore. The thread is 7 pages long, and a lot of the good stuff is in the last few pages. Bikes change over the years. For a while, we were not allowed to go back and edit posts. But after the software update, that was enabled again, which really benefits build threads. Old linked pics from non secure servers don't show anymore either. So check back in a few days for a page one update compiling some junk that's spread out over 7 pages.

Everyone else post up your build threads for your track tools.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I like this thread! Also of note depends on what club and class you race in the requirements might be different.
I am racing in BC, Canada with the PCMRC (Pacific Coast Mini Road Racing Club) on a Go Kart track.
No Kick stands, no horns, No lights is a must and no mirrors.
Safety Wiring Calipers, Oil filler cap and Drain Plugs, exhaust connections and brackets
Number must be visible on the front where the headlight would be and both sides of the bike. Colors must be black or white with a contrasting black or white background
Axle sliders and exhaust protectors is a must as there is a requirement of no metal touching the ground if you go down. Aluminum pegs are the only exception
If you have a cooler (after market for our bikes) then using water or non glycol based coolants. Antifreezer may not be used. Safety wire the radiator cap.
wheel weights must be taped
cannot exceed 82 dba for sound

Thats really the minimum to get you going. Are we discussing Gear requirements also?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Link to my build thread:

Zaph's Kart Track Tool (build thread)

I have to fix the first post or at least update it. It's not accurate anymore. The thread is 7 pages long, and a lot of the good stuff is in the last few pages. Bikes change over the years. For a while, we were not allowed to go back and edit posts. But after the software update, that was enabled again, which really benefits build threads. Old linked pics from non secure servers don't show anymore either. So check back in a few days for a page one update compiling some junk that's spread out over 7 pages.

Everyone else post up your build threads for your track tools.
Once its updated let me know i'd be curious to go back and read it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Mine is kinda built to go back to street kinda easily because sometimes I want to putt around town. I plug in my Motodynamic tail light, plug in my headlight and peel off my stickers on it and it's street legal enough. Still have a kickstand because none of the orgs care about it and it doesn't drag or anything. But at some point I may strip this down to the point of no return to street.

cannot exceed 82 dba for sound
Holy crap that seems a little unreasonable. So stock exhausts for all!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I seem to pass with the twin brothers exhaust I have on. That or I haven't been pulled over yet.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Good read, thanks for updating it. Those rotating footpegs are not super cheap though when I saw them and would feel a whole Arashi rearset would have just been about the same cost.

I did end up paying up for the Driven rearsets which were defintely overpriced but I like them.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Looked through my old order history to see how much those pegs cost me. $50. Not exactly cheap for some Chinese crap but seeing as they worked for me, I'm going to say worth it. old auction is gone, all I got is this picture in my email.

These will only work for me in the back/up position otherwise I would just stay stock. The Driven set is probably worth it if you need a full rearset. Those can be configured as GP shift too if I recall, right? A plus for some.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think I saw this for around 75 usd when I was looking hence my decision against when around the same price arashi rearsets would do.

·
Registered
2018 Z125 Por
3 Posts
Well im in Tampa fl. I got a 18 Z125pro. The i recently got. To pay around town and go kart track racing. I just started this build. And i got a amazon SS. exhaust 13/35. Jt sprockets. Protaper sport mini (is just like the honda mini). Klx110 throttle tube. Tst sliders. Amazon of set hand guards. Kd1. Tires. Ordering a pcV/Dynateck (any maps the you can share will be appreciated) And i will mod the oem air box( Open to recommendations and o experiences) . For a UNI filter. I got a apollo x18. For racing to

·
Super Moderator
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
It's a SNK Pic, so probably one of there products ?

91689383_2575318999372561_4080993292328632320_n.jpg 90241298_2573498722887922_2048110452801536000_n.jpg

47219199_10211379594358794_7105004642169257984_n.jpg

·
Registered
882 Posts
Well im in Tampa fl. I got a 18 Z125pro. The i recently got. To pay around town and go kart track racing. I just started this build. And i got a amazon SS. exhaust 13/35. Jt sprockets. Protaper sport mini (is just like the honda mini). Klx110 throttle tube. Tst sliders. Amazon of set hand guards. Kd1. Tires. Ordering a pcV/Dynateck (any maps the you can share will be appreciated) And i will mod the oem air box( Open to recommendations and o experiences) . For a UNI filter. I got a apollo x18. For racing to
You should look at the south Florida miniGP rules before doing any mods. And I can tell you that if you mod it, you fall out of stock class and you may as well go all in on the mods for your chosen displacement.

I'd suggest head work, a cam, higher compression piston, higher octane race fuel, etc. If not, and there are any KAYO MR125 in your class, they will eat you for lunch (if they are also modified). The difference between my stock z125 and my nodded KAYO is large. The difference between stock KAYO and modded Grom was large enough that the Grom got lapped every time near the end of a 12 lap race. And not because the guy racing the Grom was a bad rider, it just got left behind on every straight area.

·
Registered
2018 Z125 Por
3 Posts
You should look at the south Florida miniGP rules before doing any mods. And I can tell you that if you mod it, you fall out of stock class and you may as well go all in on the mods for your chosen displacement.

I'd suggest head work, a cam, higher compression piston, higher octane race fuel, etc. If not, and there are any KAYO MR125 in your class, they will eat you for lunch (if they are also modified). The difference between my stock z125 and my nodded KAYO is large. The difference between stock KAYO and modded Grom was large enough that the Grom got lapped every time near the end of a 12 lap race. And not because the guy racing the Grom was a bad rider, it just got left behind on every straight area.
Ok thanks. I will keep it for F1 and monkey class. The apollo. Will be for training and open class. I need a different bar for the apollo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts