Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day z125 owners.. Need help on my z125..

My engine got ticking sound when on IDLE.. And it annoys me so much.. Is this normal? Cause when i go to motorcycle shop they say its normal.. But for me its annoying :crying::confused:

Any suggestions how can i get rid of that ticking sound on Idle?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Good day z125 owners.. Need help on my z125..

My engine got ticking sound when on IDLE.. And it annoys me so much.. Is this normal? Cause when i go to motorcycle shop they say its normal.. But for me its annoying :crying::confused:

Any suggestions how can i get rid of that ticking sound on Idle?

What you could be hearing is the fuel injector at idle. How many miles?
video please? mine has ticking sound too, but it happens when i turn it off and i have traced it to my exhaust. :)
The ticking your hearing when you turn it off is probably things cooling down. Just like a car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a ticking sound, seems to be a valve. When I drained my oil last night it appears there was only about a half a quart in there from the factory, though it showed full on the dipstick. I suspect that may have been the source of the ticking noise. Soon as I get a new oring for my oil filter I'll know if that shuts it up...if not this may turn into a warranty issue. I'll post here and let you know if a proper oil level resolves the issue.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a ticking sound, seems to be a valve. When I drained my oil last night it appears there was only about a half a quart in there from the factory, though it showed full on the dipstick. I suspect that may have been the source of the ticking noise. Soon as I get a new oring for my oil filter I'll know if that shuts it up...if not this may turn into a warranty issue. I'll post here and let you know if a proper oil level resolves the issue.
I've noticed a similar sound at idle with mine. Just curious to know if changing the oil +bringing it up to the proper level resolved the 'ticking' sound your bike was exhibiting?

Hope all is well now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've noticed a similar sound at idle with mine. Just curious to know if changing the oil +bringing it up to the proper level resolved the 'ticking' sound your bike was exhibiting?

Hope all is well now.

I did an oil change on mine as soon when I got back from the dealer when I first bought it. I measured when I drained the oil, and for sure it was .8 quart. Specified in the manual for a drain and fill. I guess I was just paranoid on break in periods. :laugh:

·
Registered
7 Posts
So my engine starting ticking today? I'm currently at 101 miles, I'm guessing a quick oil change wouldn't hurt.

Any other suggestions on the ticking noise ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I honestly just think these bikes are a little noisy. mine does it too but I'm of the opinion it's just the specific motor. if I had to guess there probably isn't a lot of material in the head so the sound of the valves transfers better than the bigger bikes. add the fact you only have two valves and the harmonic is out the window leaving with a tic instead of a light chatter. if it gets to more than just a light tic I would start to worry. JM2C.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For the most part the noise has gone away after the initial oil change. I've gotten used to it now and just tune it out since its the same on both of my z125's. It gets silent under throttle though.

·
Registered
347 Posts
for everyone with sound concerns

is this your first 4 stroke motorcycle?

I have had quite a few, and 4 strokes are ticky meaning you will hear noises
unless the engine is covered by body panels or insane loud exhaust
thats just how they are

1 - 14 of 14 Posts