Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed since joining the Z125 gang, and then joining this forum that this forum is completely dead. The lack of information on our bikes and other individuals reviews make it difficult. We need to get this forum big! LETS GO Z125 TEAM!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am with you! I was extremely disappointed upon my return to this forum when I bought my second Z125 about three weeks ago. The first time I am here was right when the Z was released, and I found awesome there was a forum already, but then, since I sold the bike very shortly, my surprise was extremely negative upon my return. Lets hope things change quickly.

Cheers,
Lean

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just purchased a Z125 this past week. I have been out riding it and love it! Now if I can just talk some friends into them. Group riding would be great, but so far I am the only one in my group of friends with a mini motorcycle. Bike nite starts up here in a couple of weeks, so maybe I can meet some other Z125 or Grom riders in my area.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just purchased a Z125 this past week. I have been out riding it and love it! Now if I can just talk some friends into them. Group riding would be great, but so far I am the only one in my group of friends with a mini motorcycle. Bike nite starts up here in a couple of weeks, so maybe I can meet some other Z125 or Grom riders in my area.
I 100% understand what you are saying about finding others that have mini bikes to ride with, it is so much more enjoyable. I'm not saying riding my Z125 isn't enjoyable so don't get me wrong! I actually bought my Z125 and had a 2011 Yamaha FZ8 as well, well I just recently sold the FZ8 and only have the Z125 and have no regrets at all! I actually have started up a pretty good group in Tacoma, Washington in just about a month and a half. Here's a pic from our most recent ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am with you! I was extremely disappointed upon my return to this forum when I bought my second Z125 about three weeks ago. The first time I am here was right when the Z was released, and I found awesome there was a forum already, but then, since I sold the bike very shortly, my surprise was extremely negative upon my return. Lets hope things change quickly.

Cheers,
Lean
Yes I am not going to admit I was 100% sold on buying the 2017 Honda Grom back in October of last year, at that time I was all over their forums and man they are so much more active than this one. I then went and test rode the Honda Grom, and the Z125 at the same time, and instantly decided the Z125 was the one for me. I then waited a little financially and purchased my Z125 back in March of this year, and I am not looking back! I have now dropped to much money into it, but I love this little thing lol. Now if only this forum would explode with more members or at least more ACTIVE MEMBERS.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeah, I am hoping this forum picks up.

Like many others here I have been riding for a long time. I've owned a KLR 650 and a Ninja 250 and they both have amazing communities. I was out of the motorcycle hobby for awhile(starting a family can do that) and my ATV loving wife wanted a dirt bike to learn on. I saw a Grom at one dealership and had no clue what it was, but liked the idea of a tiny bike. Then I went to another dealer and saw the Z125 and had to have one. I bought a green one of those and a KLX 140L to go with it. I've had them less than a week, but I've managed to put about 150 miles on the Z. It definitely turns a lot of heads! My only gripe is that the handlebars hit me in the knees if I don't remember to slide back. I'm actually a little jealous of short people who fit better on these.

·
Vendor
683 Posts
Agreed on the forum. We're a business, but also enthusiasts. We have Groms and Z's, and the Z is a great bike for sure. It deserves some excitement here. We'll do what we can to contribute, but our fingers are crossed the buzz picks up...

·
Registered
82 Posts
the problem isnt the lack of info, nor the lack of interest. it is the facebook. too many people want instantaneous answers to simple questions and turn to the facebook group....and it works. I personally like the organization and searchability of the forum and also it seems more like a place to come to talk to people but the age of instantaneousism is here. Also, a major lacking feature of this forum is a classifieds section.

·
Registered
23 Posts
the problem isnt the lack of info, nor the lack of interest. it is the facebook. too many people want instantaneous answers to simple questions and turn to the facebook group....and it works. I personally like the organization and searchability of the forum and also it seems more like a place to come to talk to people but the age of instantaneousism is here. Also, a major lacking feature of this forum is a classifieds section.
Yah lack of conversation on here or new ideas etc are all on FB. As I get older I hardly use FB anymore but pretty much go there before here for info on these Z's

·
Registered
23 Posts
I 100% understand what you are saying about finding others that have mini bikes to ride with, it is so much more enjoyable. I'm not saying riding my Z125 isn't enjoyable so don't get me wrong! I actually bought my Z125 and had a 2011 Yamaha FZ8 as well, well I just recently sold the FZ8 and only have the Z125 and have no regrets at all! I actually have started up a pretty good group in Tacoma, Washington in just about a month and a half. Here's a pic from our most recent ride.
Man from Renton I'd have to load it up in my F-150 or take the streets to Tacoma. Cool pic though and local. I just hit 130 miles on mine and haven't left Renton with it yet. Need to get my cert next week so I'm legal then I can really get out on the road or at least to work haha

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man from Renton I'd have to load it up in my F-150 or take the streets to Tacoma. Cool pic though and local. I just hit 130 miles on mine and haven't left Renton with it yet. Need to get my cert next week so I'm legal then I can really get out on the road or at least to work haha
Dude our group we ride everywhere! We ride to seattle and everything, renton is not that bad lol. But yeah just wait till your legal for sure. I have almost 700 miles on mine so far!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dude our group we ride everywhere! We ride to seattle and everything, renton is not that bad lol. But yeah just wait till your legal for sure. I have almost 700 miles on mine so far!
In a few weeks I'll let you know. Would love to group ride these bad boys. I have only been seeing Grom's lately in Seattle and around where I am which kind of sucks but hey their having fun too!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Been legal a few weeks now. Just north of 700 miles on it since then and loving it. Wife thinks it's time for me to get a bigger bike to ride. I agree but not selling this little guy. Whenever you guys are doing another group ride let me know. Run into Grom riders all the time but have yet to come across any Z owners.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Been legal a few weeks now. Just north of 700 miles on it since then and loving it. Wife thinks it's time for me to get a bigger bike to ride. I agree but not selling this little guy. Whenever you guys are doing another group ride let me know. Run into Grom riders all the time but have yet to come across any Z owners.
It is very nice to have a bigger bike if you are going to travel any amount of distance. 60-65 just doesn't cut it in a lot of places. 700 miles is nothing in the grand scheme of things, but if you are smart about it, you could learn a lot skill by moving up in size a bit. These mini-bikes are ridiculously easy to control at low speeds, something bigger bikes are not.

I know a lot of very experienced riders on these minibikes because they are so much fun. You don't really outgrow it. :D

If you are going to get something bigger to go with it or as a replacement, I recommend not going to a 600cc sport bike like so many do. I'm sure you could handle it, but I think moving up progressively in power really teaches you how to make the most of the power and handling you have got. The 300s and 650s are great bikes to learn on and not as uncomfortable as the super sports. I've never owned one, but if I was in your shoes again I think I would get Versys. Those look like awesome all around bikes. Dirt roads, track, touring, 2-up with the wife... ;-)

·
Registered
23 Posts
It is very nice to have a bigger bike if you are going to travel any amount of distance. 60-65 just doesn't cut it in a lot of places. 700 miles is nothing in the grand scheme of things, but if you are smart about it, you could learn a lot skill by moving up in size a bit. These mini-bikes are ridiculously easy to control at low speeds, something bigger bikes are not.

I know a lot of very experienced riders on these minibikes because they are so much fun. You don't really outgrow it. :D

If you are going to get something bigger to go with it or as a replacement, I recommend not going to a 600cc sport bike like so many do. I'm sure you could handle it, but I think moving up progressively in power really teaches you how to make the most of the power and handling you have got. The 300s and 650s are great bikes to learn on and not as uncomfortable as the super sports. I've never owned one, but if I was in your shoes again I think I would get Versys. Those look like awesome all around bikes. Dirt roads, track, touring, 2-up with the wife... ;-)
Not interested in a 600. If I were 10 years younger maybe but as I get older, I like speed from a drivers seat, seat belt, airbags lol. I'm eyeing the Versys-X 300. My z is almost paid off and probably going to keep it to tool around in Seattle. The bigger one will at least get me to work and not feel like I'm always stuck on the surface streets. Getting up to where I live is a struggle on this little guy to maintain the speed limit and not always be full throttle. I liked the Ninja 250 in the MSF class so the 300 should fit my minimal need for speed haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts