Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did you do to make your Z125 safer to ride and to protect it from getting damaged?

Things like: Brake line and brake pad upgrades, louder horns, flashing headlight/brakelights, wearing Hi-Viz gear, adding frame sliders, axle sliders, bar end sliders, engine case protectors, exhaust sliders, etc.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll throw one up to start this thread off.

The very 1st mod I make to every bike I buy is to replace the tiny, tinny little horn with something that can actually be heard by cagers (especially when they have their windows rolled up and some tunes playing).

This is the cheapest and easiest (it's a 10 minute Plug n Play change-out) safety mod you can make.

I always use the FIAMM Low Note/Low Tone horn. It makes you sound like a truck! :surprise:

You can usually find it on eBay for around $13.00

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't have anything extra as of yet but I would love to get those Ultimate frame sliders in the powdercoated lime green I saw somewhere on the forum along with the same colour stunt cage for the rear. For looks, protection just in case and having a bit more confidence when bringing that wheel up and playing around offroad. :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
witch one??? the big rig?

I'll throw one up to start this thread off.

The very 1st mod I make to every bike I buy is to replace the tiny, tinny little horn with something that can actually be heard by cagers (especially when they have their windows rolled up and some tunes playing).

This is the cheapest and easiest (it's a 10 minute Plug n Play change-out) safety mod you can make.

I always use the FIAMM Low Note/Low Tone horn. It makes you sound like a truck! :surprise:

You can usually find it on eBay for around $13.00
big rig
https://www.amazon.com/FIAMM-72112-Freeway-Blaster-Horn/dp/B000DINKPQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1473287825&sr=1-2&keywords=FIAMM+Low+Note%2FLow+Tone+horn

or
this low tone
https://www.amazon.com/FIAMM-72012-...&sr=1-1&keywords=FIAMM+Low+Note/Low+Tone+horn

·
Registered
347 Posts
keeping stock size turn signals helps a lot for people to see you
where small, or integrated could be harder to see

I upgraded the headlight to led so on coming traffic may be able to see me better

louder exhaust

there are frame sliders available from japan but from the few crash videos I've seen looks like the bike really doesn't scratch anything

sometimes bad engineered frame sliders can cause more damage depending on how they are mounted

just ride like everyone is out to hit you, don't get in blind spots

1 - 5 of 5 Posts