Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seeing some complaints from people about being low balled offers of $2,000 for a used 2017 Z125 and while I thought that seemed to be a low asking price as well, did a little research.

One place for example in Wisconsin is selling brand new 2017 green or silver Z125s for $2,549 and then a used one with 200 miles for $2,199. A dealer locally was selling a used 2017 with under 100 miles for $2,499.

Does the pricing seem in-line with what's expected? I can see why some people would have a hard time justifying and then the other party defending their asking price of $2,800 on a used Z with only a few hundred miles but then finding these new ones and other similar used ones in the $2,200 - $2,600 range - and that's from a dealer.

I find it interesting the amount of people selling their Z this time of the year as it's about to warm up in the places that can't enjoy warm summer weather all year round.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Pricing on Craigslist varies depending on how the seller got raped on fees when they bought it new. Their mindset is "You don't have to pay all the fees, so I can sell this for MSRP." Well, they can try...

Pricing also varies by how much money the seller completely and utterly wasted on mods. Those mods are worth absolutely nothing when it comes time to sell. And even some mods, like a big bore kit actually decrease value of your bike.

$2300 is a good used price. If I sold mine, that's about what I would post it for. (I have about $1700 wasted on mods so far)

Honda Groms are even worse. Honda owners think their bikes are mode of gold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts