Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

The MNNTHBX test mule...

17K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  mnnthbx 
#1 ·
Just wrapped this project up for the Crawl this weekend, and I'm pleased with what came of it. Components either available now at www.mnnthbx.com or will be shortly, as we used this project to prototype several bits, including rearsets w/ adjustable shift lever and linkage. Our seamless swingarm extensions, top clamp / fat bar mount / collaborative seat, fender eliminator, Driven mirrors, fual cap, & bar ends, ASV levers, Rizoma signals, Yoshimura exhaust, LSL race pegs, Galfer stainless brake lines & wave rotors, OTB cam cover, and a few other trinkets round it out. We'll follow up as we get deeper into the bike in the coming weeks. Hope to see some of you guys out this weekend...

See less See more
#3 ·
Wow! That looks sweeet!

I'll be watching your site for the rearsets/pegs, among other things as budget allows. Will they work with the stock brake light switch? (a lot of aftermarket rearsets don't, I've used a pressure switch incorporated into a banjo bolt before, but it takes a lot of pressure to activate-more than normal braking. Then again, it's the rear brake, LOL :wink2:)

What grips are those? I'm having a hard time finding decent 115mm grips. Or, does the addition of those bars now allow for "regular" sizee 120-122mm grips?

That seat looks great, too!!! Everything looks fantastic. Wish I could make the crawl, but I'd have to trailer or it would take me forever to ride there!

#21 ·
I could write a book on this, but here's the short version.... No doubt, the Z will follow the exact path of the Grom, in which case history tells, me a year from now there will be 10 different options in big bores. We offer one, which we deem to the most dependable, though big bores honestly aren't our thing. Being a boutique shop, by definition, we sell a limited amount of items. Those items are the one's we actually want to use ourselves. There's several advantages like understanding the product better, and being able to pitch it with honesty. Back to the big bores.....

As different companies release them, they'll start to one-up each other, bigger and bigger. There's no doubt that they make crazy power, but there's no escaping the fact they take a drastic toll on the life of a motor. Our mindset is this: Make the stock bore as great as you can. The combo of the Bazzaz, exhaust, cam, and our Mtake (intake) is beyond proven, and makes for a VERY impressive engine package. Im talking in the realm of +40% power, with a MINIMAL impact on longevity, because bikes are only fun when they run. People will take drastic measures, and post amazing dyno pulls. They'll also grenade motors and rebuild cranks multiple times a year. That's not fun in my eyes.

While I want these bikes running at their best, the reality is those who want to go 120mph and make 40 hp, simple bought the wrong tool for the job. I'm betting our shop Grom is one of the best running stock bores in the country, it's a blast, and that's exactly the road we'll follow with the Z.

It's honestly easy to achieve. Use quality parts (exhaust, intake, cam), and take the time to understand and maximize the capability of your Bazzaz (or PCV). This is the point where most jank it up. In a penny pinching move, they'll purchase some price point import tuner and spend the rest of their ownership trying to maximize it's limited capability, or they'll buy the Bazzaz or PCV (the only two that are worth buying IMHO), and never map them properly.

That's where I'm confident in our packages. We spend so much time testing this exact set-up, that we can ship with pre-loaded maps we know are dialed in. We've begun testing now (just got our Mtakes complete), and will have a wealth of testing data in the next week or two....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.