Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the Z125 might be too cramped for me, I am 6'1 so if there is anyone out there that has there bike already, can you tell me if it's too cramped for you and your height as well.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Time will tell. They're both great honestly. The coming Grom styling update is horrible to my eye, so all thing equal, win for the Z. Our shop Grom is so refined at this point, it's a better bike for sure, but give us a month with the Z. You're about to see some cool stuff...
The update was so bad to some people they went right to owning a CBR300. Did you at any point start to consider a bike in a higher segment?

·
Vendor
686 Posts
We have been on liter bikes, motards, etc. and raced offroad for years. This segment is all about carefree fun to us. I wouldn't conpare a Z or Grom to any other segment honestly. It's all about enjoying it for what it is. The CBR300 never really did it for me. We have two KTM 390's, and love them, but they have more beans than the CBR...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Time will tell. They're both great honestly. The coming Grom styling update is horrible to my eye, so all thing equal, win for the Z. Our shop Grom is so refined at this point, it's a better bike for sure, but give us a month with the Z. You're about to see some cool stuff...
Can't wait what you have in store.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm 6'6" - so I doubt many will be as cramped as I am. A friend of mine has a Grom and races (or did race) and he's 6'10"! Is the bike cramped? Yes... but so is any 600 for me. But it's fun and I don't care if I look like goofball riding it! haha

I also plan to race WERA with it just for fun!

For size comparison (at least until I get a photo on the new Z) here's me on a borrowed Grom:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Not surprised it worked out that great, these bikes were sort of designed with that level of practicality in mind. Perfect for a lot of new riders and those with many years.

·
Registered
10 Posts
6'2" here & do not feel cramped...
Probably a couple inches farther back on the seat than designed for, but quite comfortable on my maiden voyage this afternoon!
Can't wait to get back out there tomorrow after work!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My knees hit the tank in an awkward spot. But its otherwise pretty ergonomic. The seating position doesn't feel like a "small" bike. Not cramped.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm 6' 0" and feel a bit cramped on the bike (still fun). The tank tapers off along the top, causing my knees to rest on this edge. Kawasaki must not have expected tall riders to even look at the Z125. If they're aware of the issue, they will tweak the design for the next iteration.

I can't wait for Mnnthbx's solution!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts