Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Just unboxed and attempted to install some rear swing-arm spools made by T-Rex Racing (Part # N260-16SA0). The part for the right side, the T-Rex sticker was lifting already which is mostly cosmetic. The bigger issue was the part for the right (sprocket) side... the design is such that the bolt with the hex head goes through the spool, then though part of the aluminum "clamp" that has no threads, then into the far side of the aluminum "clamp" that has threads. My part had threads where is should not have - so there was no effective way to clamp it down. I called T-Rex to complain and spoke with Carlos. They wanted me to send them some pictures before they would believe me. Sorry T-Rex, I don't play that game - if you don't trust me when I report an issue, I will send you your parts back and demand a full refund.

These spool adaptors are $70 a pair and definitely not worth the extra money over the other parts out there which are more like $30.

I have attached a photo that shows I have the bolt backed out of the aluminum part that should have the threads, and is holding in place by the threads on the aluminum part that should not have threads.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Looks like the same block was made for both sides . I don't see a stop/bottoming lip inside on one end or the top or bottom having a edge but your thumbs in the way. That would make them left & right blocks and you got 2 rights
or are you saying both sides are threaded.

You cant take the bolt out and turn it around Because?

·
Registered
330 Posts
They ask for a pic and you won't send it? This isn't 1918.
The same company once asked me for a few pics cause I was having a problem with one of their triple-tree stands... I sent the pics and they told me what the problem was, 100%. Best customer service ever in my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
I thought they were designed to fit either side, need more pictures to understand how they are made. As far as I know, these and the OTB are the only ones that allow you to pull the axle with the rear on the stand. At least until I make something for my bike.
I was just browsing Revzilla and they have a listing for Graves Universal Swingarm Spool Adapters for $59.31. Of course they are "out of stock" but they look really interesting. They require drilling 2 holes in the bottom of each side of the swingarm, and it looks like they attach with rivnuts. I don't know if they would actually fit the Z125, but they were listed on page 9 of the results I got when I searched Revzilla for parts that fit the Z125.
I just checked the Graves Motorsports site and they are out of stock there also.
At any rate, the Graves part number (sku) is PEU-SA-K in case you want to take a look.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I was just browsing Revzilla and they have a listing for Graves Universal Swingarm Spool Adapters for $59.31. Of course they are "out of stock" but they look really interesting. They require drilling 2 holes in the bottom of each side of the swingarm, and it looks like they attach with rivnuts. I don't know if they would actually fit the Z125, but they were listed on page 9 of the results I got when I searched Revzilla for parts that fit the Z125.
I just checked the Graves Motorsports site and they are out of stock there also.
At any rate, the Graves part number (sku) is PEU-SA-K in case you want to take a look.
These are pretty cool https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/graves-motorsports-universal-swingarm-spool-adapters

I still haven't seen a spool set-up for this bike that I'm 100% good with. Most are all, to me, just ok.

·
Registered
317 Posts
They ask for a pic and you won't send it? This isn't 1918.
The same company once asked me for a few pics cause I was having a problem with one of their triple-tree stands... I sent the pics and they told me what the problem was, 100%. Best customer service ever in my opinion.
No joke. Sounds like a baby.

Wont show Trex the pic but will upload a pic to a forum. :|

1 - 8 of 8 Posts