Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So took apart my engine and got it machined, in the process of putting it back together now.

Reactions: Stanal and Dig125

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ended up taking a tooth off the starter so waiting on replacement to get in as well as the Decomp cam. Otherwise it's together now! Will wait to tune/dyno until after I get the new parts. I threw the starter on without the idler and did a roll start and it def needs some tuning but had to hold it down in 2nd gear, wanted to pop up.(with a 15T front) Pretty excited :)

Reactions: Factory Minibikes

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's running! So good, 11-12 AF for now and will move it up slowly. So happy to get it dyno'd soon. Kind of sad to put the fairings back on, looking good naked.

Reactions: Dig125

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome job Mysta!!
Did you consider the 194cc stroker kit?? How come you went with the 171cc kit over that?
Just curious.
Went with 165 since it's gonna be a bit more reliable overall. I can't imagine the sleeve being very thick on the 178+ kits. That said if I do decide to upgrade it won't be too bad going forward jug/piston vs the stroker. Super happy with the power on this one though.

Reactions: Factory Minibikes

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did a for fun pull against a Grom - Koso 170cc w 4V head with stock gearing(vs Kawi Z) and basically left the Grom.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Went with 165 since it's gonna be a bit more reliable overall. I can't imagine the sleeve being very thick on the 178+ kits. That said if I do decide to upgrade it won't be too bad going forward jug/piston vs the stroker. Super happy with the power on this one though.
Ive ran the piss out of the 178cc/55mm stroker (194cc) motors......They hold up just fine. I ran that motor in my street legal KLX110 for a few thousand miles an not a single issue. When I tore it down and parted the motor out.....it was still in decent shape too. :wink2:

I have the 178cc with V2 head and new intake going on my Z real soon. I dont think im going with the 55mm crank though.

Yeah you just have a simply top end swap to upgrade in the future. Super easy. The biggest problem may be the injector. TB Parts said they are only using 80% of the injector on their 155cc build.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ive ran the piss out of the 178cc/55mm stroker (194cc) motors......They hold up just fine. I ran that motor in my street legal KLX110 for a few thousand miles an not a single issue. When I tore it down and parted the motor out.....it was still in decent shape too. :wink2:

I have the 178cc with V2 head and new intake going on my Z real soon. I dont think im going with the 55mm crank though.

Yeah you just have a simply top end swap to upgrade in the future. Super easy. The biggest problem may be the injector. TB Parts said they are only using 80% of the injector on their 155cc build.
I got a ninja injector in mine so I am sure i'm fine up to 200cc at least. Is the 178cc jug the same size sleeve as 165cc?(o.d.)

·
Registered
87 Posts
This is an awesome build. I wish I had someone close to me I could trust to build this. I can do a top end swap, but getting the machine work done and all the time I know nothing about. I can imagine how good it drives... all these need is just a little extra power and they would be sick

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is an awesome build. I wish I had someone close to me I could trust to build this. I can do a top end swap, but getting the machine work done and all the time I know nothing about. I can imagine how good it drives... all these need is just a little extra power and they would be sick
I'm super loving it. I haven't ridden it a single time without someone stopping me where I am, or at a stop light to ask about it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Realized I didn't put a parts list so here you go:

PCV + Autotune
Two Bros Comp S exhaust
165 TB BBK
TB Intake Manifold
Ninja 300 Injector
TB V2 Head
Takegawa S-35D Cam
Takegawa Oil Pump
Morin Oil Cooler
Gojin Lightweight Primary
TB 55mm Stroker
Gojin Springs & Clutch Disks
NGK CR8HIX Spark Plug
16T Kitaco front sprocket
RK Racing Chain GB420MXZ-110 Gold
Rotella T6 5w40 Full Synth
Stainless Steel Oil Filter from Scotts
Cyclops 7000 LUMEN H4 LED(Seriously blows any other headlight out of the water - don't waste your money on anything else)

Reactions: Lobot

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hmm.. I just moved to Concord NC. You are not that far away from me. Might be hitting you up this winter for a mod party..... lol..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

Hey, really new on this forum, And just bought a Z125 from a copart auction for a couple hundred. Obliviously, being a theft recovery, i'm going to be pulling it down to the frame and rebuilding. I planed on doing a 194cc mod, but have been hearing issues with reliability. I have raced motorcycles and cars my whole life, so, if it requires a new top end every 3,000 miles or so...Oh well, thats the price you pay for performamce! And that brings me to my question...You seem to have experience with that combo, what kind of power speed can I hope to achieve? Any advise?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally gonna hit the Dyno today, will update.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts