Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this problem? Just picked up the yoshimura exhaust excited to instal it but. Upon removing the o2 sensor from the stock exhaust whoever at the factory crossthreaded the **** out of it. Saw a video on youtube of a guy with a z125 had the same problem and took it to the dealer since it was a defect. Bummed guys.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Anyone else have this problem? Just picked up the yoshimura exhaust excited to instal it but. Upon removing the o2 sensor from the stock exhaust whoever at the factory crossthreaded the **** out of it. Saw a video on youtube of a guy with a z125 had the same problem and took it to the dealer since it was a defect. Bummed guys.
i had the same issue ended up buying a new one from kawi. bs i know

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had it happen to me. I think if I have to try it again later ill warm the exhaust up irst so the threads are expanded

·
Registered
9 Posts
I need help please.. i just installed my new exhaust and i can't unscrew the O2 sensor from the old exhaust. Where can i buy a new one please. Help much appreciated. 😉

·
Registered
142 Posts
To get the 02 sensor out you need to heat it up on the part where it threads into the exhaust .
I used a gas soldering iron to heat it up and it came out easy.
With a gas soldering iron you can use it just like a small blow touch so go buy one they are cheap.:grin2:

·
Registered
64 Posts
To get the 02 sensor out you need to heat it up on the part where it threads into the exhaust .
I used a gas soldering iron to heat it up and it came out easy.
With a gas soldering iron you can use it just like a small blow touch so go buy one they are cheap.:grin2:
Could also start the bike for a few mins before :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the feedback dudes!!!* I unscrewed the O2 sensor from the old exhaust. And found out there's broken threads on it but i installed it anyway because i wanna ride my bike so bad. Now the engine warning light is on. And i smell a bad smell coming out from the new exhaust. Is that normal?

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
I would go so far as all new pipes stink a lot for a lot longer than you think they should.

Is this a narrow band o2, what car parts does it cross reference to? Might not be too expensive to replace from an autoparts store, but most parts places need to know the "car" that the sensor fits or they can't find one for you. My Buell has many Ford parts in it, like the fuel pump for an '85-'86 v6 Mustang that I bought from Autozone for about half the price as buying one from the Harley dealer.

If the o2 has a Bosch (or whoever) part number stamped in it, then finding a cheap replacement might be easy.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks for the feedback dudes!!!* I unscrewed the O2 sensor from the old exhaust. And found out there's broken threads on it but i installed it anyway because i wanna ride my bike so bad. Now the engine warning light is on. And i smell a bad smell coming out from the new exhaust. Is that normal?
Just keep riding the light will go out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Would be nice to replace it with something cheap that would work the same way because i don't want to spend more than 200 dollars for an O2 sensor.. 😭

·
Registered
464 Posts
The bad smell COULD simply be the new paint on the new exhaust being heated up and giving off fumes the first few times you ride it. You often notice this even on brand new OEM exhausts.

Jim G

1 - 19 of 19 Posts