Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
You won't need longer lines. We just spin the front when using our extensions.
I'm in the middle of doing this myself. When you say spin it. Do you take the banjo fitting completely off and flip it upside down? Or would you happen to have an example pic? Trying to prepare for my stretch kit coming in tomorrow. One last question, what's the most I can get away with stretching it with the stock line? Thanks!

·
Vendor
684 Posts
Just loosen the banjo and spin the fitting rearward. Will make perfect sense once you start. As for how long a stretch can you run? Not sure. We only use our 4.5" stretches, as all the longer variants kill the handling of the bike....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for the reply! It looks as though if it spin the banjo fitting backwards that two issues arise. One is that the banjo fitting will press too hard against the black plastic 'fairing" and the other being that the brake line is still having to wrap around the frame first. Do I need to unhook it and run it straight from master cylinder to wheel without running a loop back through the frame? Forgive my ignorance.. I just can't see where more than a couple inches comes from by barely soinnong the line towards the wheel.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just loosen the banjo and spin the fitting rearward. Will make perfect sense once you start. As for how long a stretch can you run? Not sure. We only use our 4.5" stretches, as all the longer variants kill the handling of the bike....
about 21 hours ago · #6
Thanks for the reply! It looks as though if i spin the banjo fitting backwards that two issues arise. One is that the banjo fitting will press too hard against the black plastic 'fairing" and the other being that the brake line is still having to wrap around the frame first. Do I need to unhook it and run it straight from master cylinder to wheel without running a loop back through the frame? Forgive my ignorance.. I just can't see where more than a couple inches comes from by barely spinnong the line towards the wheel. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,840 Posts
Haven't done it myself, But if MNNTHBX says it works .. It Works !
Run it straight back (not around frame) and maybe even flip it so bend is in towards frame (away from plastic) But, It might hit foot pegs tube , I cant tell because i don't have rear foot peg tubes anymore ?

Most bolt on Accessories will require deviating from the original design as well as some Trimming, Shimming Ect' . And brake line may not be using the original retaining hoops on the swing arm anymore
Might depend what the owner will be happy with. I forget if he gave it to you ?
Longer brake line to keep it looking original and longer chain should be available at where your buying the stretch kit . Also, I Think you need the Lower link to keep the bike level like stock setting ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Haven't done it myself, But if MNNTHBX says it works .. It Works !
Run it straight back (not around frame) and maybe even flip it so bend is in towards frame (away from plastic) But, It might hit foot pegs tube , I cant tell because i don't have rear foot peg tubes anymore ?

Most bolt on Accessories will require deviating from the original design as well as some Trimming, Shimming Ect' . And brake line may not be using the original retaining hoops on the swing arm anymore
Might depend what the owner will be happy with. I forget if he gave it to you ?
Longer brake line to keep it looking original and longer chain should be available at where your buying the stretch kit . Also, I Think you need the Lower link to keep the bike level like stock setting ?
I feel ya..

And yes, I still have peg tubes. Thought of flipping it but yeah the angle would hit the tubes..

& Definitely skipped the retaining hoops . Helped a lot.

Yes, the bike is now mine! And definitely greatful.. That's one cool boss to give me a Z lol.

I got me a new chain. A gold 132 link. Now just gotta pick what length I want to do this stretch before I start popping links off. 5 inch looks amazing but wondering if I'm gonna lose all of it's agility. Might try 5 and if I don't dig it go down to 4.5" or 4". Guess I can always lose links later a lot cheaper / easier than buying another chain.

Thanks for the help guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts