Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Previously few weeks back I had the opportunity to ride a '17 grey z125 at local dealership, I was hooked after that. Unfortunately no other dealers in the surrounding area had Groms in stock to compare, so I settled for the Z. Next was color, not a fan of the boring grey or the KRT. That left the regular green and the SE. That being said only SE available was about a 30min drive up the freeway. On Sunday afternoon 8/20/17 made the small trek up to Temecula Motorsports here in SoCal to take her home. OTD ended up being $4,900 with no additional service contracts, other than what comes from the factory.

After leaving the dealership, I was slightly disappointed as they did not fill the gas tank up fully like they said they would. At that point I was several blocks away and didn't want to turn around, so I stopped at the nearest Chevron. Got my wife following close by, behind me in the red CX-5.

The first initial ride after leaving the dealer was a whooping 40mile ride all the way home. Had to ride parallel to the freeway using side country roads, it was good first ride. That night immediately ordered a few things for the bike, exhaust, intake and fender delete kit. All which arrived last night. During the first few days of ownership I started to focus more on the bike, given the beginning hype. I started to notice two things, tire pressure and throttle play. Mainly the throttle itself felt really loose, had to rotate a good .25' or so to engage the throttle. Didn't think much of it until this morning when I was installing my parts.

Started with the Motodynamic Fender Eliminator, never realized how small under seat compartment is up until this point. Given the small space, it was a slight pain to put the wires back in place, otherwise easy job. At some point going transition to a blinker integrated tail light, but for now it looks way better than before.

Fresh out the bubble wrap package Competition Werkes GP Exhaust. Had to unbolt the right set to expose a bolt used to mount the back of the exhaust. I am glad I went with this exhaust due to the fact that it sits underneath and not stick up and out like most exhaust do.

Last but not least is the Chimera SRi with Sprint filter. At this point I was looking at the throttle cable etc. and the lower adjustment bolt was so loose it was off the thread it self. The cable line too was loose and not mounted properly, which would explain my throttle play.

Once I bolted everything back up and checked for leaked, all was well. I rode to the local dealership to have them properly adjust the cable and show me how its done. Now no more throttle play. Aside from all this I have Area22 rear spools on order, should arrive next week. I will also post up an exhaust video at some point.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds really dope! Has deep brap sound at idle, when revving up it does get loud. But personally for me, I don't think it's too loud, I prefer it loud. It's not an annoying loud if that's what your getting at. When starting to slow and blip shift my way down the gears, the exhaust will pop and what not.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Installed Area22's black rear spools, just need to look into getting a stand.

PC-V with Autotune on order, should arrive by the end of the week.

I put my spools on , same brand and color. Yesterday I bought a nice black stand with red wheels on ebay for 50.00 shipped .It shows to be delivered tomorrow . I posted about rear wheel stands in the general area
You can see a pic of the stand

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put my spools on , same brand and color. Yesterday I bought a nice black stand with red wheels on ebay for 50.00 shipped .It shows to be delivered tomorrow . I posted about rear wheel stands in the general area
You can see a pic of the stand

Yea I saw your post. Be sure to post some pictures.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got around to installing the Power Commander V and Auto Tune this afternoon/ evening time. Instructions that it came with weren't very helpful, so I resorted to Hard Racing's Youtube video tutorials, which was very helpful. Now unfortunately I am not very knowledgeable of what the connectors and wires are used for etc. But I did do a very nice wire install job as far as routing everything cleanly. Placed the PCV in the only area it would fit and ran the wire behind the connector and then up towards the front, going under the frame.

Connected the first set of wires and tucked away neatly. Then ran the furthest connectors up front behind the intake for now.

Then ran the middle set of connectors straight across the frame to the other side. Neatly fitted everything inside the boot.

The wires that I originally pushed up towards the front behind the intake, I decided to push those back and reroute them back across the frame like the other middle set of connectors. Figured I route them this way because it looks more clean, plus most of the bikes harness re routed on this side.

Ground installed and all the PCV wires routed accordingly.

Plugged in all the color wires for the Auto Tune and installed new O2 sensor.

Lots of excess wires for power and ground. Here I made a slice into the rubber sleeve to expose the black ground wire. Pulled the black wire through and routed it through the negative battery terminal sleeve.

Remaining AutoTune Wires are tucked away underneath

Ground connected

Connected the remaining wires for the PCV and Auto Tune can communicate with one another. Tucked the Auto tune underneath the PCV for best fitment.

Shortened up the Red wire and installed it into the Lamp Fuse box.

Install complete. Now to install PCV software on the comp and make the adjustments as needed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well.... Sad news. Last night I was struck/side swiped by a kid in a POS black truck, in which sent me across the lane into the median. The driver took off, someone followed him.
Medics and Police came, then taken to emergency for treatment. Just sore all over, some minor road rash, right shoulder/chest pain but no broken bones. Now the bike looks to be
totaled, forks have a slight twist, plastics broken, handle bars bent, mirrors broken, rear brake peg bent, intake filter damaged but inlet seems fine. Right rear caliper and swing arm are scratched, Exhaust seems fine.

As of right now insurance is taking over and will most likely replace my bike. We shall see.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Glad to heard your all right. Kinda bummed that the other California Z125SE guy's bike is not on the road any more.

See that power commander tune made your bike so fast it made it camouflage. LOL

·
Registered
562 Posts
Well ****, that sucks, but let's be clear about one thing: the condition of you is way more important than the condition of your bike. In the last 4 or 5 years I've totaled about $20K worth of bikes at the race track. That's all total chump change compared to the cost of my medical bills.

Did they catch the guy?

Don't forget to claim your mods. Most insurance companies include coverage for up to $3000 of mods. Progressive does. Keep your receipts handy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad to heard your all right. Kinda bummed that the other California Z125SE guy's bike is not on the road any more.

See that power commander tune made your bike so fast it made it camouflage. LOL
HAHAHA

Well ****, that sucks, but let's be clear about one thing: the condition of you is way more important than the condition of your bike. In the last 4 or 5 years I've totaled about $20K worth of bikes at the race track. That's all total chump change compared to the cost of my medical bills.

Did they catch the guy?

Don't forget to claim your mods. Most insurance companies include coverage for up to $3000 of mods. Progressive does. Keep your receipts handy.
Yeah true. Considering how everything happened, I'm lucky to be alive, let alone walk way with minor wounds.

Well the officer called today to ask a few more additional questions, based on their questions it sounds like they have a lead.

Yesterday when I made the call to USAA to start the claim process they asked about mods, so I gave them the 3 items done. So far they haven't asked about receipts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts