Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i installed the 143cc bore kit on my z125 and decided to port my cylinder head aswell and i must say its well worth it.
install was very simple and nothing to crazy. one thing you will notice is the intake and exhaust ports are stupid small and the intake port is smaller then the intake manifold so opening them up helps allot. if you have porting experience its well worth the time to do and makes the bike way more crisp with a stock valve job.

just figured id let everyone know

what i have done to my z
dcr camshaft
ported head
143cc bore kit 10.0 compression
yoshi pipe
bazazz tuner
mnthbx intake

·
Registered
325 Posts
Very nice. Big bore is stil on the horizon for me at the moment. Suspension and shaving some pounds off the bike an my lard butt are first in line. Maybe in another year. Update from time to time as you rack up the miles.

·
Registered
207 Posts
It would definitely be nice to hear some long term feed back. How many miles do you currently have on it? I you say you have a bazzaz but any thought of switching out to the dynojet pcv?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ill definitely keep everyone updated on the longevity of the kit i have only 30 miles on it and been running it hard so we will see. its a over square motor so i figure itl do just fine.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may in the future when i go to the power commander ill post a graph. But its definitely well over the 10hp range for sure. I may also send my old oem cam into webb and see if they will do a custom grind for me because i feel with the compression more lift and duration would wake midrange and top end allot more fun especially with 1mm bigger valves and a good radius valve job. When i get the info i need ill probably do a build thread. I always forget to take pics because i get into my mode and wanna get it done and forget all about it but for the sake of the forum ill write myself a note for when that day comes to entertain everyone

·
Registered
330 Posts
I may in the future when i go to the power commander ill post a graph. But its definitely well over the 10hp range for sure. I may also send my old oem cam into webb and see if they will do a custom grind for me because i feel with the compression more lift and duration would wake midrange and top end allot more fun especially with 1mm bigger valves and a good radius valve job. When i get the info i need ill probably do a build thread. I always forget to take pics because i get into my mode and wanna get it done and forget all about it but for the sake of the forum ill write myself a note for when that day comes to entertain everyone
Awesome, keep us posted on how that goes, sounds like out of everyone here you might have the fastest progressing build.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for letting us know of the progress. Do you have any particular goal, like a top speed or horsepower figure? I too was intrigued by the BBK but don't have any of the other parts like intake/exhaust and fuel controller. Sounds like you are doing it in the right order.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for letting us know of the progress. Do you have any particular goal, like a top speed or horsepower figure? I too was intrigued by the BBK but don't have any of the other parts like intake/exhaust and fuel controller. Sounds like you are doing it in the right order.
Pretty much i wanna squeeze as much power and speed out of it i can get and since the bore is pretty big as it is, i cant go any bigger without doing a case bore because i had a klx jug to play with and they look the same but im not willing to go that route right now. Once i get the power commander i think my mods will start to shine allot more since the timing cant be adjusted with the bazaaz so im limited.

This isnt my first and bike so reliably isnt really a concern
But i dont expect any catastrophic failures.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you think you can change the gearing any now since the build? I really wish this thing had a 5 speed trans.
I plan on changing it after i finish my mods and such probably do a 15t front sproket for now. Once it get the custom cam and bigger valves ima probably gear it down some more. But what i am really looking forward sombody to come up with a upgraded 4th gear thats longer.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've been ready to big bore
thanks for installing it, hopefully you will post back positive and any negatives

I just don't want to jump in too early on the first big bores and do any R&D

I want one that is tested, and reliable

on another bike I have over 6000 miles on my big bore and had gained 13 more mph from it but it had been sold for years and no major issues from those

did you get the $300 one or the $160

I was wondering if the $300 has a coating on the cylinder and guessing its a forged piston
don't see any specs posted on either one on the website

also you said your 10:1
is that low octane fuel needed or high

Im cheap and like to use low octane:)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've been ready to big bore
thanks for installing it, hopefully you will post back positive and any negatives

I just don't want to jump in too early on the first big bores and do any R&D

I want one that is tested, and reliable

on another bike I have over 6000 miles on my big bore and had gained 13 more mph from it but it had been sold for years and no major issues from those

did you get the $300 one or the $160

I was wondering if the $300 has a coating on the cylinder and guessing its a forged piston
don't see any specs posted on either one on the website

also you said your 10:1
is that low octane fuel needed or high

Im cheap and like to use low octane:)
i got the 160$ kit. tb makes it and its basically a klx110 big bore kit and they have been making stuff for the grom and klx for a while. as for reliability both the 300 dollar kit and the 160 dollar kit come with the same coating and its a nickisil type coating and i believe both are cast pistons i know mine was cast. with the nickisil you just send it in and get it re coated when it wears out and its not expensive to do on the off chance you have any issues. 10.0 compression i would run 93 and on bikes you can usually run 93 up to 13.0 before you start having knock issues. my race bike that i motocross with i run 93 and its fine on 13.5:1 comp but other days i run vp110 since its local for me to get when i need all the power.

·
Registered
347 Posts
why I don't like any higher then 87 octane is these bikes tanks are very small
and unless you use a dedicated fuel pump, or fuel can
gas station hoses store almost 1 gallon of whatever the last person used
which in most cases is 87

so you don't really get the full octane level your paying for depending on how much fuel your adding

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

so you don't really get the full octane level your paying for depending on how much fuel your adding
never had any issues with that. so i cant deny or confirm but i know a little dizzles out before it pumps so who knows. rather have the extra octane its like 3 bucks to fill so why not

·
Registered
325 Posts

Before I moved I knew most of the stations in my riding areas that had a hose for each grade. That made it easy when I needed 93 for my zrx. Have not ridden it hardly at all since I moved so will have to scout that out again when I do. I also kept a can at the house with 93 in it.

I have been told that there is supposed to be a max of something like .2 gal that is dispensed before you get what you are supposed to be paying for but I have never read anything that backs that up.

·
Registered
347 Posts
on another fourm this guy replaces gas filler hoses
and drained one out, just the hose had .99 something gallon

not including whats in any fittings inside the pump

so my usual fill up is 1.5 gallons
if 1 gallon is whatever someone used last time here its the cheap gas everywhere
and you can confirm on the lcd readout what was used

then .5 gallon or less is high octane

mixed together it won't raise it up any
so basically paying extra for nothing

unless your filling from dedicated hose, or a huge tank
then fill the bike at home but that gets very old quickly

our pumps here the lines look to be at least 6-8 feet long
thats a lot of fuel sitting in them

1 - 20 of 54 Posts