Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I remember my Z only being able to start in Neutral with the kickstand up. I was riding tonight, I parked and when I came back the bike was in second gear. I started the bike and It started but I was like wtf since It never would start in gear.... (with clutch pulled in) ? (2020 Z) idk if maybe this is the first time I started in gear with the kickstand up and just didn’t realize ??

·
Registered
286 Posts
My bike never started in gear. It's always been neutral. Never tried 2nd gear. There are people that say there's start in first with kickstand up and clutch pulled in (like a regular bike) but mine never did that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not even that bro,the bike started with the kickstand up and in second gear. But if what ur saying is it starting in gear with the kickstand down, nah never, always has to be in neutral, I just don’t recall it being able to start with the lever pulled in and it being in gear except today.... I always remember it being not starting no matter what unless it’s neutral, kickstand up or down. No lever pullled anything...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn’t start with the kickstand down, in any gear no matter what, has to be neutral with the kickstand down.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That’s so weird bro, the bike starts with the kickstand up, and it being in gear but the clutch lever is released, it doesn’t start start but it pulls me forward, if that’s normal. But with the lever pulled in, it starts normally.

·
Super Moderator
1,875 Posts
I just don’t recall it being able to start with the lever pulled in and it being in gear except today....
I always remember it being not starting no matter what unless it’s neutral, kickstand up or down
KICKSTAND ENGINE STOP.jpg

the bike starts with the kickstand up, and it being in gear but the clutch lever is released,
CLUTCH KILL SWITCH.JPG

·
Super Moderator
291 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts