Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Today I installed the HD clutch plates and lightened primary gear from TBparts. After putting everything back together it started up and idles perfect - however when I put it in gear it just stalls straight away. The clutch is definitely disengaging as I can roll it in gear (engine off) with the clutch pulled in. When I release the clutch the bike stops. It stalls no matter how much gas I give it. It’s like the ecu is just cutting power - definitely no jerk forward etc.
Anyone know what might be the cause?

PS - the dealer I bought it from just replaced the battery and now a day later the engine light is on - the bike still worked perfectly before I changed parts (with the light on). I will go back to the dealer when they re-open after holiday shut-down.

Thanks, Daniel

·
Super Moderator
1,907 Posts
Hey guys,
Today I installed the HD clutch plates
however when I put it in gear it just stalls straight away. (kickstand)
But ???
When I release the clutch the bike stops ???
Not sure I understand ?

Kickstand is up ?

SIDESTAND KILL.JPG

• Put bike in first gear with the engine off and sidestand up.
  • Pull in clutch lever.
  • Try to start bike. Bike should crank over.
  • Shut engine off. Release clutch lever.
  • Try to start bike.
If the clutch switch is good, the engine will not crank over.
If the switch is bad, the bike will start cranking, chugging you forward.

Both my clutch n sidestand safety switches are bypassed if your comfortable doing that

·
Registered
1 Posts
PS - the dealer I bought it from just replaced the battery and now a day later the engine light is on - the bike still worked perfectly before I changed parts (with the light on). I will go back to the dealer when they re-open after holiday shut-down.

Thanks, Daniel
engine light will disappear after 3 rides 15min each at least.

·
Super Moderator
1,907 Posts
Always a good idea to see what the CEL is for

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses!
The light did go away today - is that normal with a new battery?

cheers

·
Super Moderator
1,907 Posts
The light did go away today - is that normal with a new battery?
CEL is YELLOW light and will go off if problem fixed after ...
CEL ERACING.jpg

Battery warning is RED light and will go off if problem fixed
BATTERY  CEL.png

·
Super Moderator
330 Posts
I've often wondered what the red is tied to. Always thought it was oil pressure only, but also never gave it much thought. Hmmm.

·
Super Moderator
330 Posts
Omg I feel so stupid it was the kickstand 🤦‍♂️
Thanks anyway!
Don't feel stupid. I'll admit that I did the kickstand/won't start/wtf thing a few times myself. After doing a bunch of mods a person tends to overlook the simple stuff and point the finger at the mods. GJ admitting the mistake. Makes it easier to learn from the next one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts