Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put these on over the weekend. Fun little project. Happy with how they turned out and brake response seems to be quicker and feels better than the stock rubber hoses which swell.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm a huge Spielger fan and have them on almost all of my bikes, including mine and my daughter's Z...she's got the front and rear lines in pink, of course, and I've got a custom length (-3 inches) front in the same color green as you but I've got the Ti finish banjos and bolts. No rear line yet as I'm working on a project that's going to need a custom line with a setup that I haven't seen anyone run on their Z yet.

2019 Kawasaki Z125 with Spiegler Front Brake Line 1.jpg 2019 Kawasaki Z125 with Spiegler Rear Brake Line 1.jpg 2019 Kawasaki Z125 with Spiegler Rear Brake Line 2.jpg 2019 Kawasaki Z125 with Spiegler Rear Brake Line 3.jpg 2020 Kawasaki Z125 Pro with Spiegler Front Brake Line 1.jpg 2020 Kawasaki Z125 Pro (Right Front 2).jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good. I honestly thought I got the ones with the colored banjo and bolts but when I got them I was to excited to install so I just kept the black. I noticed we have our banjo opposite on the rear master cylendar. I need to flip mine around I did it backwards.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Black banjos and bolts look fine on your bike and I'm not sure if the banjo on the rear makes a huge difference...it would just tighten-up the bend a small amount. If you've got them bled I'd probably wait until you decided to do something else involving the brakes unless that might be a while.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! Yea I don’t think it’s going to make a big difference if the banjo is opposite next time a do a bleed I will flip it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't know how many times I've bled brakes on my daughter's bike...I originally put black lines with red banjos and bolts on it and when she saw it she decided she wanted to go with a pink theme. Those are the lines that are on there now and I've got Brembo calipers front and rear for her bike, with a pink 'b' logo. Those go on as soon as I get the brackets back from the powdercoater and I've got a 4-caliper Brembo for the front of mine. No pink on that one. :LOL:

Brembo P2 34 Front Brake Caliper 1.jpg Brembo P2 34 Front Brake Caliper with Tapeworks Reflective Magenta 'b' Logo 1.jpg Brembo P2 34 Front Brake Caliper with Tapeworks Reflective Magenta 'b' Logo 2.jpg

Wait until I get the spring back for this one...and the canister is already black with a pink Ohlins logo now. She hated the gold/yellow and I couldn't convince her that it was an Ohlins and had to be gold/yellow.

Ohlins Rear Shock 1.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to get an Ohlins suspension. You have someone that can powder coat it green to match my bike?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Any decent powder coat shop should be able to get you a pretty good color match. I have a Scion xB that I wanted to color match the wheels and some other parts and Prismatic Powders was able to get me an almost exact match...only downside was the $500 that the box of powder cost me but I now have my own box of powder sitting on a shelf down at the powder coater. I doubt I will ever use the entire box but I 'visit' it every time I go down there to drop-off or pick-up parts.

I'd stick with a 'stock' powder, which should get you close.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm. Interesting that’s not my arena to be honest. I’m surprised they are not at least making a colored stock aftermarket replacement spring for these bikes with all the other random stuff they have like cam covers etc.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hmm. Interesting that’s not my arena to be honest. I’m surprised they are not at least making a colored stock aftermarket replacement spring for these bikes with all the other random stuff they have like cam covers etc.
Problem with that is you would have someone who wanted this color red and the next guy would want a brighter red and the next guy a darker red and on and on...

Plus you'd need to source the spring somewhere and by the time you did all that you'd be $125 into a spring.

I've been wanting to do this:

Cheaper than my local powdercoater.
Not a bad deal for the 'standard' colors but are you including shipping back and forth as that's going to add $25-30 to that price...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts