Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone look into the Speeduino as a replacement tuneable ECM yet? I saw something on YouTube comparing one model to a megasquirt, dropped a comment and the user said they have a 2 fuel, 2 spark unit that might be what we need. I'm actually more interested for my KAYO, but thought people here might be interested as an alternative to Bazzaz, Aracer, etc.

I'm just barely starting into an info dive on this product, and the biggest reason is open source. Hoping some discussion and research gets "sparked" from this.

·
Super Moderator
400 Posts
An arduino open sourced based system for ECM interface!!!

WANT THIS!!

Just curious about the interface and what the baseline map is, if any, or how to get there.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing that a base map will be mostly guesswork and best intentions. But that doesn't mean I'm not interested. I did "design" a manifold and put a never before used carb on the KAYO and make it work with a cam and 13:1 piston, so how hard could this be? Just finding myself in a funk and hard to get going again with any hobbies. Ever since the drunk gave me the concussion it's hard to motivate myself.

I think the hardest part will still be (for my KAYO) finding EFI parts and adapting them to the intake port. Scrapped Z125 or Ninja 250 systems might be a good place to start. If I decide to mod my z125, then it seems easier since that stuff is already in place and it's just up to programming.

Anyway, the Speeduino seems like a pretty deep rabbit hole that deserves some attention, the 2 channel kit from the USA dealer was around $80 with components (you solder), might need a daughter card and will require the Arduino (another $30???).

This all really does require buying the tuning software, same software megasquirt uses, so it should be pretty refined by now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts