Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So being the Speedometer shows faster than your going, doesn't that mean the odometer should show higher than true millage? It's not like GPS tracks distance on these bikes, so doesn't the speed effect distance traveled?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Maybe you guys can answer me this. I always hear that the speedo is off, but at fuel cutoff in 4th gear, I am going 67 which is what should be the actual speed according to gearing commander. I also head past a lot of radar speed signs that usually seem to match up with the indicated speed. What are people going by when they say the speedo is off?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So if some of them are 8-10% off, that stops the warranty at least 1000 miles before it should. Just a thought

·
Registered
143 Posts
Are you guys using real GPS or phone tower "GPS"?

I'm just trying to make sense of this. I don't understand how gearing would indicate 67, the speedometer would indicate 67, but GPS would indicate something else. Speedos are off all the time, radar signs are off all the time, but generally speed extrapolated from RPMs and gearing is dead on. I guess that is what has me confused. I'll have to suction cup my little Garmin to the mirror and see what I get.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts