Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ported my head yesterday. Came out real nice. I began breaking down the motor and bagging everything. I’m basically at the part where I need to split the case but need to see if I need a puller or what. I don’t want to mark up that cases. Then I can pull the crank and put the block back together for so I can get the case bored.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well she’s all apart now. Just need to bring it to a buddy to see if he can bore it. Hoping so I don’t really want to use a sanding drum, I want it perfect

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about a flycutter or boring bar in a jig powered by a drill? Seems like it should be "easy" to build a jig that bolts to the cylinder bolt positions to keep a flycutter/bar centered and rigid to bore the hole. Just an idea on a way to maybe get DIY boring that is "decent".
Yeah I wound up dropping it off at a buddies house and he’s going to fly cut it this week for me. Looking forward to reassembling the motor. I have way too many parts all over the garage! Lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I wound up having a buddy bore the case. I installed all new bearings and assemble the block. My question is I put all the gears back together for the starter but now with the starter back in the motor turns over hard when your trying to rotate it with a wrench and the spark plug out. Is that normal? I’m pretty positive its all back right but it just seamed strange.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well motor is all back tog and will be going back in the Z this Saturday. Looking forward to firing her up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts