Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Z on Thursday and took it out for the first time today and holy **** is the suspension soft... Guess I'm used to my 6r, but is there any way to adjust the rear shock and front forks, or are aftermarket springs and a front fork rebuild the only way?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think there's preload adjustment on the shock. Not sure about the forks, I haven't messed around with it much yet. But yeah, it's really soft. Ohlins and others make a shock, but I don't think anyone has come out with aftermarket bits for the forks yet.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah, you are talking about a little city commuter bike suspension which is pretty good for it's intended purpose. For comparison, ride a GROM and see how soft that is. There are some aftermarket shocks now available but we're still waiting for a fork internals kit. In the meantime try some 20w fork oil and it will slow down the front end dive. Add 1 more notch of rear preload and it's much better when riding aggressively like on a track. Maybe someone can chime in if there are more suspension parts coming soon?

·
Registered
7 Posts
what tools are needed to adjust the rear shock? do you have to remove it? Manual just says to take it to a dealership

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the Ohlins rear shock and added the Takegawa fork preload adjusters and heavier oil. It made a big difference. I weigh about 210lbs.

Steve
Do the pre-load adjusters really improve the front end dive? I am over 225 and i am having problems with how soft the front end is...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts