Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first Z had an odd smell I'd catch when sitting at lights or parking in garage after riding. Can't associate it with anything I've smelled before. Kind of like oil that spilled and it burning off.
I got my other Z and it smells the same way.

Anyone?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
How many miles do you have on it? This is a very common "issue" and it's mainly based around the chemicals (oil, grease, lubricants, etc..) they put on/in the motor and exhaust during manufacturing. After a couple hundred miles it will disappear completely!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had the same thing. Not sure when I stopped noticing it but it did go away.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I smelled it too initially but haven't caught wind of it after about 180km. The explanation from TST explains it well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm noticing the same thing. Looks like it's normal and just residue from the factory burning off. It's like new car smell, but better.

·
Registered
466 Posts
The same thing happens with new ATVs too and they should burn off in time. The only worry is if the smell is persistent and not going away.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My last bike I bought new had a smell too. I bought a new 12' HD Dyna Wide Glide back in 2011 and kept having this strange smell. Never got any better so I started doing some investigating and found that the paint was melting off my gas tank lmao! I hope your bike isn't melting haha! My z had a smell for the first week or so but went away.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Glad that's what it is! I've had my z for a couple of days now and I was starting to think my fatass was burning the clutch up or something lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts