Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else wish they had a slipper for the Z? I'm looking and don't see them. Takegawa makes one for the Grom. I've got a Grom but want it on the Z!

My cover needs to come off so I'm doing a lightweight primary. Any other suggestions while I'm in there?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I would love to have a slipper clutch but I can’t find anything about anybody even making one for the Z.

Since you’re replacing the primary might as well install a hd clutch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought about that. There's an EBC and Gojin option with the springs. I've used EBC but don't know about these other brands in the mini scene. I only have 600 miles on the bike and was hoping to get a chance to wear the stock ones out. :) Unfortunately, my bikes not shifting at higher RPM. Will be interesting to see what the Kawi tech finds....

Since you’re replacing the primary might as well install a hd clutch.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I bought the Gojin HD clutch and primary gear. I have several hundred hard track miles on both and haven't had any issues. The stock clutch couldn't keep up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thought about that. There's an EBC and Gojin option with the springs. I've used EBC but don't know about these other brands in the mini scene. I only have 600 miles on the bike and was hoping to get a chance to wear the stock ones out. :) Unfortunately, my bikes not shifting at higher RPM. Will be interesting to see what the Kawi tech finds....
TB Parts makes a kit and its high quality. Been running them for years.

https://www.factoryminibikes.com/collections/17-18-z125-pro/products/replacement-clutch-plate-hd-spring-kit-kawasaki-z125-pro-17-18-tbw1035

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
The TB clutch kit is just a regular clutch kit. So far there isn't a slipper clutch available to fit the Z125. I bought the Takegawa slipper clutch kit for the GROM just to see if I could modify it to fit our clutch. No way, too much difference in the clutch basket diameter & height. Maybe someday Takegawa(or Kitaco) will make one for the Z125 but they have been slow to release even big bore kits for our bikes, so I'm not that hopeful. Maybe if there is enough interest in one, a smaller company will produce something?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is this a slipper clutch set up or just a really good normal clutch?
Meaning if you down shift can you back it into a turn like supermotar or moto GP style? If it is ill buy one today. :nerd:
:Shaka:
I wish. :(

I was responding to hallfleming's post about the standard clutch kits. Sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
73 Posts
ok good to know. i'm buying a lighten primary gear so i'll buy one of those HD clutches from factoryminibikes anyways, he is a cool dude and has a kick *** web site...
I also carry the the primary gears too.
Thanks for the support and kind words! Love to hear feedback, good or bad!

*I have been trying to get some builds done so I can get product added to the Z125 section of the site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts