Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Looking good. I respect the budget builds myself. Anyone can dump a boatload of money into a bike, but a real challenge is making a good bike with less money.

Other budget stuff you might consider:

Fork preload caps (unless you weigh 140) Hard to get in the states but Webike japan has fast and cheap shipping on smaller items. 15 or 20 weight fork oil, if you are heavy and riding hard, 20 weight. You don't need Ohlins drop-ins or even new springs, just a little help from preload and thicker fork oil.

Dunlop TT93GP tires. rockymountainatvmc.com currently has the cheapest pricing with free shipping.

If you don't have a tuner on there, you better pick one up. Riders Discount has the best price on Bazzaz over the phone, ask for forum pricing.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yeah, those are the caps I have. They work great, though I would have liked the Takegawas too, adjusting with a wrench instead of my fingers. When I bought, there were no Takegawas available in stock anywhere.

I like the Ohlins inserts and they are a good price, but they don't have adjustment of anything, preload, compression or rebound. And normal preload caps won't work with the Ohlins internals.

·
Super Moderator
1,713 Posts
Thanks Zaph ... I went to the japan site also but the credit card warnings scared me , they said i might be double charged if going debit .

so i checked our sponsors to see if they carry them yet/ hard racing has them !

My front Sag' is at 40% , (and i want the standard 25%) so I'm getting them mostly for that , they can raise it 15mm max , so that puts me at 25%
Also a improvement in (long-brakeing) dive would be nice to .
not going with the 15wt oil just yet because i dont want the initial stiffness at (short-braking) and Trying to keep the plush ride as much as possible .. but all that could change after installing the adjusters..
I'm Only over explaining for the members that read this and wondering what they do !

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Awesome! I'll await your review. I'm about 190 lbs in full gear. Currently my suspension is stock, only use the bike for twisty back roads. I dont mind paying for the ohlins if thats what its going to take, but if I can get a substantial differance with just doing adjusters and oil weight change, then all the better. I can use the saved cash for some better chain adjusters

1 - 9 of 9 Posts