Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Z177
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to know if any other Kawasaki levers fit the Z. Trying to purchase some in gold but it seems impossible to find. Don't want to break the bank and don't want to go through China either.

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Z177
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so the ninja 250r is interchangeable with the Z125??? Is it a specific year of ninja 250r??? any other bikes/years that are interchangeable???

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
Per amazon 2007 - 2012

Fitment:
KAWASAKI
Ninja 250R 2007-2012
Ninja 300 abs 2014
Z125 2014-2016
EX250 Ninja 250 2000-2007
Ninja250/EX250 2015
Z250 2013-2014
Z250SL 2016-2017
Ninja 300R/Z300 (w & w/o ABS) 2013-2017
just posting whats on amazon ... so ?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I bought some levers for a 250r the clutch lever doesn't fit on my 2017 Z125. Close, very close, but can't slide the bolt through. Lever binds hard before the hole lines up. Maybe I just got a defect.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Can someone recommend a good set of adjustable levers?

I tried a set from Amazon, about 20 bucks, clutch lever didn't fit. Brake lever fit but felt super flimsy. I refuse to spend $170 on a set of levers, ridiculous... my price cutoff is 50 bucks.

·
Registered
982 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
I checked out the Ride It levers. There were some recent reviews that said the front brake lever can cause the brakes to bind up and lock!!! Be careful Greg!

It was enough to scare me away.

Fox- Do they fit snug? I bought GZYF levers from Amazon. The brake lever fit but was lose (lots of vertical play), so much so that I didn't trust it.

I bought the levers over a month ago and with the bike in the shop I never installed. Now it is too late to return so they're scrap metal.

Thanks fellas

·
Registered
982 Posts
Mine has lots of play on the brake, enough that I'm not concerned. But I'll check again to make sure and machine away anything that may need to go. A simple file can create a lot of clearance on these aluminum levers. Otherwise they work and were cheap. The brake didn't seem much shorter, the clutch was shorter enough to fix a different clearance problem I was having with some hand guards.

Vertical play can be fixed with simple spacers cut from shim stock (even plastic from containers may work). Just shim them into proper position.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I checked out the Ride It levers. There were some recent reviews that said the front brake lever can cause the brakes to bind up and lock!!! Be careful Greg!

It was enough to scare me away.

Fox- Do they fit snug? I bought GZYF levers from Amazon. The brake lever fit but was lose (lots of vertical play), so much so that I didn't trust it.

I bought the levers over a month ago and with the bike in the shop I never installed. Now it is too late to return so they're scrap metal.

Thanks fellas
Fits in the holder just like the OE one did. I've always found them to be good levers .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts