Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of an adjustable stand for the z125? I've ordered a 4.5inch lowering link for the rear and need a shorter kickstand.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nobody makes one that I know of. Best bet is to chop the stock kickstand at the length you need then re-weld the foot back on. Thats how all the bikes that come through our shop get done. Shouldn't need an adjustable one unless you plan on returning to stock, in which case an OEM stand retails about $60, and there will probably be some popping up on eBay for cheap sooner or later.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nobody makes one that I know of. Best bet is to chop the stock kickstand at the length you need then re-weld the foot back on. Thats how all the bikes that come through our shop get done. Shouldn't need an adjustable one unless you plan on returning to stock, in which case an OEM stand retails about $60, and there will probably be some popping up on eBay for cheap sooner or later.
How much will someyhing like this typically cost?

·
Super Moderator
1,846 Posts
Custom fab shops varies in Shop Rates.
A muffler shop would probably be cheaper if you can find one.
Or cut down yours and leave enough to crush & bend the end for the foot. and round corner

There are adjustable ones out now but you will probably loose the safety switch feature and need to bypass/jump the wires or a buy a by-pass plug connector

Kickstand shorten.JPG KICKSTAND.JPG

·
Super Moderator
257 Posts
Pop the kickstand off, put a crescent wrench on the tab it bolts to and bend it outwards/upwards by about 1/8". Reinstall and test.

Go a little bit at a time, it's way too easy to bend it too far.

Brock's Performance ( brocksperformance.com ) sells adjustable ones for the Ninja's (got one on my ZX10, good stuff) and GSXR's. They might be able to hook you up with a custom made one if you msg them. If you go the Brock's route you will lose the safety switch so you may have to talk to the guy that makes those kickstand switch bypass thingys. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts