Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the crate left San Pedro bound for Southampton, UK. I bought and rode it in the North Bay, CA for a year. I have moved back to Jolly Old, and decided to take her with me. I sold her big bother, unfortunately. I'm excited, that they don't sell them here? I'm sure it will get lot's of attention. When it arrives, I'll take lot's of photos in London, Silverstone etc. I have found lot's of cool info. on this site, but hadn't had anything new to contribute, until now. Keep it up!

Mods include, wider Michelins, EBC HH front pads, smaller LED blinkers with the relay, homemade tail tidy, gold chain, Wolo air horn...saved my bacon several times!

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
I wonder why the Z125 was never for sale in the UK.

You might have to scrap the tail tidy and go back to the whale tail for approval. Let us know what you have to go through to make that UK legal. I'm guessing there might be a few hoops to jump through.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The crate is 1650 lbs! It's full of fire damaged tools mostly. It was $1200 + $200 insurance. I'm sure the huge license bracket, will be necessary. I hope they don't care about the LED blinkers? If they do, I'll need to get a set. My original parts were destroyed, along with the house, motorcycles and cars in the Tubbs fire. Another reason, to keep her. The Kawasaki was among the few things in my new steel shop, which was mostly untouched. All the concrete driveway/porch was still un-cured, so I hadn't moved the heavy items in yet. The previous shop burned the year before with more bikes in it. It may rain a lot here, but no wild fires.
You can see the shop a week after the fire. The other photo is of my ZX14R in the foreground(rusty gas tank) and my Speed Triple on a brand new K&L lift. There's a CJ7, and a Triumph scrambler there too. Approx. $50K worth of brand new plasma table cutting equipment, tig, mig, EMAX whisper compressor, drill press, tool boxes, tools etc. All of it 3 days from being moved into the shop. None of it insured! Arghh!

Attachments

·
Registered
933 Posts
Wow! I'm at a loss for words.

What a shame to lose so much machinery (fun and otherwise).

Enjoy your Z in your new home! I'm sure it will snap even more necks in a market it isn't offered in. =P

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope not. I just bought a Land Rover Defender, and found out it's in the top 5 stolen cars here. A tracker for both is in order.

·
Registered
13 Posts
man; that sure is a heck of a reason to move back. CA has been getting pounded the last year or two with fires. good luck getting the Z through all the hoops and getting it registered!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Nobody is going to steal a bike that unique. Being the only Z125 in the country, nobody can ride it without getting noticed, and parted out, the parts have no value in the country individually.

That said, you may have difficulty insuring it in the UK.

But I have to say, it's going to be have having the only one around. Can't wait for you to document your ownership stories in the UK..

·
Banned
6 Posts
Hey, OP! I know this is a **** old thread, but I have a question. How did you ship this nice bike? I want to order shipment from the very same place to the London. The problem is, I don't know how to make it.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Update: just after I posted this message, I got an unexpected solution. Well, at least I think so. One of my friends told me that I can order from auto transport services he used to ship his car from Germany. The only problem is - I don't know if there won't be any issues with that. Because he shipped a car and I want to ship a bike. And there was other direction in his case. I want to compare prices and conditions if you have an shipment option for me too. And so, if you will contact me, it would be perfect.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Update: just after I posted this message, I got an unexpected solution. Well, at least I think so. One of my friends told me that I can order from auto transport services he used to ship his car from Germany. The only problem is - I don't know if there won't be any issues with that. Because he shipped a car and I want to ship a bike. And there was other direction in his case. I want to compare prices and conditions if you have an shipment option for me too. And so, if you will contact me, it would be perfect.
Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM

1 - 19 of 19 Posts