Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Just got the bike out of the shop and upon riding her she doesn't want to **** down into first from neutral every click. I can get maybe 3 successful downshifts into 1st from neutral out of 10. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
They all do it and dont like to shift into 1st when your at a dead stop. the best thing to do is make sure you have downshifted into 1st before coming to a complete stop . if not , roll the bike forward or backward a little while shifting into 1st

·
Registered
330 Posts
Make certain the clutch cable is adjusted properly.

·
Registered
875 Posts
All my bikes doe that. Either rock it forward and back or let the clutch out a bit and it will click in. Had a cop come out of nowhere, jump out in front of me to pull me over. In my panic trying to avoid being a hood ornament, I stopped in 4th gear and had to do a lot of rocking back and forth to get it back down to neutral. From what I understand, it's just the nature of a motorcycle transmission.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Rear wheel needs to turn in order to shift more than 1 gear, generally speaking.

As I come to a stop I pull in clutch and click down to first.

Once stopped, you should be able to shift up to neutral, wait for the light to change, then shift back to first and go, without rolling the bike.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
What kind of oil do u use? Ive hear the Zs dont like certain oils, even the dealer oil. A video online claimed royal purple reduced the problem....
True that ! ... many YouTubes and posts here agree going to a Full Synthetic oil helps a lot if not all of the shifting problems . we should have added that for sure ,:wink2: but his comment sounds like its more serious problem inside. and he has a post here about needing a new shiftier replaced
but Ya Troy ,diffidently put in a full synthetic oil . That could be part of it or all of it ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts