Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good afternoon guys. so lately ive been noticing that my mini has been having some issues with the shifting. the gears are going in as smooth as they should be. sometimes it takes some effort to even put it in into first. ive taken it to the dealer and they said its just fine but i know that it isnt. was wondering if someone could help, i dont know if i should buy a new gearing system...

·
Registered
142 Posts
good afternoon guys. so lately ive been noticing that my mini has been having some issues with the shifting. the gears are going in as smooth as they should be. sometimes it takes some effort to even put it in into first. ive taken it to the dealer and they said its just fine but i know that it isnt. was wondering if someone could help, i dont know if i should buy a new gearing system...
How much gap do you have at the leaver? You should have 1/8" free play so if that checks out ok then Check your chain tension is correct.
If your still having problems it could be your gear leaver linkages.
Also when your in First gear does the bike creep forward at all as this can indicate that your clutch plates need a clean or wrong engine oil.
To much info LOL!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have shifting issues on both of the z125's i have.

Regularly false neutrals into 2nd and 3rd on both.

Changed to Motul 7100 and that has improved the shift. However still get missed gears occasionally.

Bikes with 1200km and 2000km

·
Registered
562 Posts
This is supposed to help.
I installed mine recently but haven’t been able to test it outta yet

https://japan.webike.net/products/22814979.html
Yup, this. Except I just bought the last one, and there are no more left anywhere in the world. It still says "In stock at Webike: Only 1 left." but I just ordered that one. Hopefully Gcraft makes some more and they are sold in the states. This bike needs this.

But yeah the shift shaft is flexible and because of the cantilevered design of the arm, it tends to cause shifting issues even with a perfectly adjusted clutch.

·
Registered
562 Posts
BTW, A DIY solution is to modify the linkage so it's inboard rather than outboard, and also to replace the cheap steel rod with a true spherical bearing eye.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts