Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having lots of false shifts and back shifting while normal riding. I will shift from 2nd to 3rd, 3rd to 4th etc and about 2 sec after the shift will pop back in 2nd on its own. I have heard that the shift support shafts help with that tremendously, does anyone have a suggestion where I can get one from or any other suggestions? Thanks team!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm sorry, but this is funny!

Description
Color: Silver Anodized Finishing
Material: A2017 Shift guide that can be mounted on Z125PRO (Nickname:Z125 Firmly-kun)
Reduce the sharpness of GEARShaft caused by Shift change, Improve Shift touch and realize Smallest Shift change.
Needle bearing is adopted as Guide part.
Standard Equipment for Dust Seal to prevent intrusions such as Garbage.
OEMChange Pedal, compatible with G-Craft Rear Sets.
Caution
* If there may be an instruction manual included, it will be written in Japanese.

Reactions: jkemmer7

·
Registered
585 Posts
1. Tighten frame bolts, especially the one behind the drive sprocket..
2. do the Mcmaster linkage mod I posted somewhere.
3. After the linkage mod, rotate the shifter up a bit for more foot room.
3. Yeah, get the g-craft shift shaft from webike. Call your credit card first and say you are ordering something from Japan.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1. Tighten frame bolts, especially the one behind the drive sprocket..
2. do the Mcmaster linkage mod I posted somewhere.
3. After the linkage mod, rotate the shifter up a bit for more foot room.
3. Yeah, get the g-craft shift shaft from webike. Call your credit card first and say you are ordering something from Japan.
Tighten frames as in my engine mounts? I have my shifter setup in GP and it is already setup pretty tall compared to stock, using woodcraft rearsets. I will checkout your mcmaster linkage mod.

·
Registered
368 Posts
If everything is tight and you have full range of motion in your linkage, and you hear/feel the nice "chunk" engagement, it doesn't seem like the linkage is the issue. Especially if you never have a problem 1 to 2. My 2 cents.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Linkage Adjustment ?

I dont know what oil your using but, I've seen more than one YT video say switching to full synthetic oil has improved or fixed that issue .
Also I dont know if its just the Pic' but it looks like your linakge will be all but in a stright line when shifting ? Therefore of course its not rotating the actual shift shaft ? (pic1) why not 2 & 3rd ? from other videos and posts 4th seems to be a little more vulnerable for full engagement for some reason therefore its poping out
If so re-index it up higher if your linkage will allow it ? (pic2)
Shift linkages work best when both ends are at 90 degrees (linkage to shaft centerline) (pic3)
But the pivot point's on the foot shifter to the linkage mounting point dosent look like it can piviot to re-set it at closer to 90 dregrees?
Just my .02 guesses

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
After google search ,
It looks like you have the linkage going to the bottom position on the (08-0107P) for standard shift .
For GP shift they show the linkage going to the top bolt on Lever (04-FH635Z) that would make a much better pivot (90') point
Again .... I cant really see whats going on with the Pic shown ?

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
Tighten frames as in my engine mounts? I have my shifter setup in GP and it is already setup pretty tall compared to stock, using woodcraft rearsets. I will checkout your mcmaster linkage mod.
Oh you have woodcraft rearsets... the mcmaster mod I mentioned is only for those with stock rearsets. But a G-craft shift shaft may help if you can get one. Webike Japan is your only hope for that. This is practically a required mod and Webike is out only hope until US vendors get it together. Full synthetic may help too like Kaw'ee mentions.

Yeah, the engine mounts to the frames may need tightening. If they are loose under torque the engine tweaks in the frame, potentially load twisting the shift shaft. For some people that's all that was needed. Mine were fine though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I dont know what oil your using but, I've seen more than one YT video say switching to full synthetic oil has improved or fixed that issue .
Also I dont know if its just the Pic' but it looks like your linakge will be all but in a stright line when shifting ? Therefore of course its not rotating the actual shift shaft ? (pic1) why not 2 & 3rd ? from other videos and posts 4th seems to be a little more vulnerable for full engagement for some reason therefore its poping out
If so re-index it up higher if your linkage will allow it ? (pic2)
Shift linkages work best when both ends are at 90 degrees (linkage to shaft centerline) (pic3)
But the pivot point's on the foot shifter to the linkage mounting point dosent look like it can piviot to re-set it at closer to 90 dregrees?
Just my .02 guesses
Yeah with the GP shift I effed up and had ordered the standard shift then decided I wanted GP so I just made the corrections myself. Tonight I am throwing on my quickshifter from my zx6r since I am selling it and switched it back to standard shift :D so I will play with the lengths of rod and try to get them to 90 degrees. But I am having it pop from 2nd to 3rd, 3rd to fourth, sometimes even 2nd to neutral on a rare occasion. I use Motul 300V for oil so I'm not worried about that, and I change it every 500-700 miles.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here are some pics of my newly fabricated shift setup, I swapped my GP quickshifter from my 636 over to this beast and as you know there is barely any room so I made my own. Even if I had my correct "GP woodcrafts" it really wouldnt fit then. In the attached pics I have shaved off some from the crash peg I have installed under my foot peg to allow the full travel distance of the rear heim joint, then had to shave some aluminum off of the actual shifter so the quickshifter module wouldn't hit or rub everytime I shifted. As of current it shifts like butter and the quickshift shifts amazing as well. Pretty ghetto but works well :)

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts