Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it's safe to go up a bit on the headlight wattage? I want to go LED and squeeze a bit more out of it without causing any damage.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think stock is 35 watts

I've changed to led, but I think it was around 25-30 watt bulb

what led have you found that is higher, all the ones I see are around that wattage

but the only way to know is use a multi meter and see how much charging you get at idle with the stock bulb and what you replace it

because thats the easiest way to drain the battery is at idle
once you start revving higher it charges it faster, so higher wattage bulb could drain the battery at idle which could be an issue depending on how you ride

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think stock is 35 watts

I've changed to led, but I think it was around 25-30 watt bulb

what led have you found that is higher, all the ones I see are around that wattage

but the only way to know is use a multi meter and see how much charging you get at idle with the stock bulb and what you replace it

because thats the easiest way to drain the battery is at idle
once you start revving higher it charges it faster, so higher wattage bulb could drain the battery at idle which could be an issue depending on how you ride
I've seen all different wattage bulbs honestly anything from 20w up to 120w. I guess ill just get a stock equivalent and then do some measuring when I've got it apart.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Upped mine to a 30w led and haven't had a problem. Visibility is much better with no sacrifice in power consumption. Here's a night shot while I was riding. This was lo beam and not quite dark yet but pretty close.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Upped mine to a 30w led and haven't had a problem. Visibility is much better with no sacrifice in power consumption. Here's a night shot while I was riding. This was lo beam and not quite dark yet but pretty close.
That looks good, did you mess with aiming the light at all? I'm concerned because my high beam is already too high and doesn't let me see the road in front of me for potholes and such. I only use my high beam in the day or when I know the road I'm on cause they can get pretty bad out here at times.

·
Registered
207 Posts
That looks good, did you mess with aiming the light at all? I'm concerned because my high beam is already too high and doesn't let me see the road in front of me for potholes and such. I only use my high beam in the day or when I know the road I'm on cause they can get pretty bad out here at times.
No I did not adjust the headlight at all. I just stuck the bulb in.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes 35W stock. I am running a 55/65 watt halogen bulb and it is hanging on. I would like to go LED but I had LED in my truck and wasnt satisfied. I guess cause I am used to HID.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I've always gone through this one guy that's local. You can check him out on Facebook or Instagram at SK Performance. He does shipping as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts