Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can no longer deal with the air shooting into my eyes when wearing my sunglasses or clear safety glasses while riding. Anyone have a favorite pair of interchangeable sun/night glasses that block the wind from coming in? There’s of course some cheap ones off Amazon I could try but i figured I’d see if there’s some recommended ones.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wear a full face lid with tinted visor.
I know a dude who had a stone fly up from a passing motorist he was wearing sunglasses open faced helmet.
The stone hit his glasses right eye and smashed the lens. He ended up partially blind in that eye.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Look for motorcycle specific glasses, fit closer to the nose and some have foam around the lens to provide a nice seal. But, I really like a Shoei helmet with transitions lens.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know a dude who had a stone fly up from a passing motorist he was wearing sunglasses open faced helmet.
The stone hit his glasses right eye and smashed the lens. He ended up partially blind in that eye.
Yeah, I have a helmet with a clear visor and the flip down tinted like most helmets are I guess but since I am no longer required to wear a helmet I wear shatter resistant goggles.
Sorry to hear about your friend though however I see a lot of people wearing what appears to be sunglasses just to fulfill the eyewear requirement or nothing at all, all the time.
My dealer told me before I rode off that if the cops see you with no eye protection, they will pull you over.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yeah, I have a helmet with a clear visor and the flip down tinted like most helmets are I guess but since I am no longer required to wear a helmet I wear shatter proof goggles.
Sorry to hear about your friend though however I see a lot of people wearing what appears to be sunglasses just to fulfill the eyewear requirement or nothing at all, all the time.
My dealer told me before I rode off that if the cops see you with no eye protection, they will pull you over.
So your not wearing a helmet?
I don’t want to sound like your dad but I’ve been riding for 50 years I started when I was 15 and I’ve had my fair share of crashes and most times I’ve banged my head on the ground and luckily for me I was wearing a helmet.
One time I got knocked out so if I wasn’t wearing a helmet I definitely would have been pushing up daisies.
One time When out riding with a mate he fell off at speed and was sliding down the road face down.
He was wear a full face helmet and the visor got ripped off and the rubber around the opening was partly ripped off as well.
After his fall I’m asking him why didn’t you try to roll onto your back and he said he couldn’t he said it was like he was stuck in a face down position.
Anyhow he would have had no face left if not for the helmet.
Just remember if you end up with a brain injury your whole family will suffer with you.
Do I sound like you dad lol 😂

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've been riding almost 50 years also.
I've never had a wreck. Even on dirt bikes, where of course I did wear a helmet.

Now that I'm street riding and no longer required to wear a helmet in my state, (for the first year after you get your license) I just wear shatter resistant goggles. Every one I see does with sunglasses, how that stays on with the wind blowing, I don't know.

After doing a google search I found out only one state requires shatter resistant eyewear.
This is after reading a post from a member here that he knows someone who took a rock to the eye lens and is now partially blind in that eye (sorry).

So, if you are wearing some sort of "Sun" glasses be aware because they are your eyes.

I was mistaken when I mentioned, come to find out, that shatter resistant was required by law. Which most helmet visors and goggles that claim to be. I just don't understand when I see people wearing sunglasses. Which is apparently legal if you going 35 miles per hour or less according to the google search.

My dealer told be before I rode off on the most recent one that if you are not wearing some sort of eyewear the cops will pull you over. I've seen that too, several times.

I've been hit with gravel in the hand, arms and cheek, it isn't pleasant. I'm thinking should I wear my helmet with visors, I don't know as I rarely go over 35 now since I am still in the break in period.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Speaking of wrecks, I know a guy who told me that bunch of his friends were out riding and one was going too fast to negotiate the turn, went off the road, hit a tree and died.
Sorry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As a first time rider, I had no idea what and what kind of equipment I needed. I started with a half face helmet because I didn’t want anything big and clunky. And also I live in a very rural farm area so I thought I could get away with just a half face. Now, yes I would like a full face for both protection and tinted visor. I’m now learning as I go what I really need for equipment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Look for motorcycle specific glasses, fit closer to the nose and some have foam around the lens to provide a nice seal. But, I really like a Shoei helmet with transitions lens.
I just bought two pairs from Amazon (1 sunglasses and 1 clear for night time) by the brand of “WYND Blocker” seemed like it will fit my needs. They have foam, goggle straps and slits cut out to prevent fogging.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts