Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to head out for a ride today along a canyon road next to the lake and as I got to the bottom of the hill leading to the twisties I saw two Sherrif's vehicles parked on the side of the road not far from a blind corner ready to hand out tickets. It's an area on the road coming off a long sweeper that's a common spot for riders to come in a little hotter than the posted speed limit.

A few turns after I passed the sherrifs and headed up the hill I saw a gang of riders coming down so I signaled to them by waving my left arm up and down then tapping the top of my helmet as a show of courtesy to slow down. I went on my merry way.

I stopped off at a gas station at the end of the road to fuel up and grab some snacks. Sat down and chomped a bit, enjoying the bright sun and cool wind while I marveled at how cute the Baby-Z is. A few minutes later some of the riders I had passed by rode up and, when they saw me, two of them came up and asked me if I was trying to tell them about the sherrifs at the bottom of the hill. I told them I did and they asked if I knew where they could find all of the signals that motorcyclists use. I told them to Google it :p

But I thought it might be useful to drop those signals here for any new riders that might be out on the road:

Enjoy!

·
Registered
367 Posts
i havent seen the comfort stop one before, that just sounds wrong. Its a good reminder for sure.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Been using some of those with my road riding buds for years. I think the only one we do different is refreshments, where we make a pretend cup and make a drink motion. But gas usually comes up for someone first.

I think we used the debris in road one the most. We'd all be barreling into a corner single file, waiting for the front guy leg signal to say that this isn't going to be a fun one. Then in a matter of 2 seconds we have a string a 6 guys with their legs hanging out like it was MotoGP or something.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been using some of those with my road riding buds for years. I think the only one we do different is refreshments, where we make a pretend cup and make a drink motion. But gas usually comes up for someone first.

I think we used the debris in road one the most. We'd all be barreling into a corner single file, waiting for the front guy leg signal to say that this isn't going to be a fun one. Then in a matter of 2 seconds we have a string a 6 guys with their legs hanging out like it was MotoGP or something.
LOL. Could you imagine what we look like to cagers driving behind us in these sorts of situations? They probably get home and talk about how stupid and dangerous bikers are because we can't seem to keep our hands and feet on the controls... we just flail away like we're drunk. :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
We never used these, we just mime at each other.

Point at bike, then make drinking motion = Bike Thirsty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts