Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Yeah, crakerjac's bike went to auction locally after surrendering it to the insurance co.

To be fair, if you were a bike flipper you're likely not going to advertise that fact. "Oil changes every 500 miles" holds a lot less value when interpreted as "I've changed the oil once" :laugh:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
That IS indeed MY crashed bike. I had a (spray painted) black kick stand plate on my Z. Never seen or heard of another on a Z. Replaced rear rim without green stripe.... Definitely my old bike.

·
Registered
551 Posts
$1800 seems a bit steep for a rashed up Z125 with no fender and a non OEM headlight.

But someone local should offer him $200 and a swap for his rear shock.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
How many miles did it have when the crash happened?
Bike had 2,485 miles on it when I wadded it up. Link to crashed toys still works. The guy obviously put some work into it to get it road worthy again so I don't want to bag on him too much.... Both exhaust mounts broke in the crash and I zip tied the bracket together to help relieve stress on the header... I planned on buying I back so I didn't want to do any unnecessary damage. However I wouldn't have actually ridden it like that.

·
Registered
551 Posts
So he rode it for 300 or so miles and says oil change every 500???? Oh man...
Typical Craigslist bike sales. I don't believe anything anyone tells me anyway.

The moment this tool finds out the shock is worth something, his selling price goes up to $2200.

·
Registered
895 Posts
But someone local should offer him $200 and a swap for his rear shock.
I've tried contacting a handful of local folks trying to snag their aftermarket seats but nobody seems to respond... It's not like the next buyer is going to value that seat at anything.

This guy being a flipper might be more responsive to a part swap request, but at the same time I don't want to deal with a flipper.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts