Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It started out like any other ride until i came across a 20 foot snake :surprise:
Then I Saw a UFO' while riding on some new back roads that was on some guys property . I stopped and talked to him and he was not quite in touch with reality ! but a great guy ...
Then followed the road till the end and Ended up at yet another mountain top I've never been to .
Then decided to head down to the train tracks and back to the Mexican border Fence and then its only a 1/4 mile to the the pavement from there .
The Z' makes an amazingly fun Duel-sport bike as long as your not in a hurry and you don't Over-ride the bikes limit :wink2:

Attachments

Reactions: MindThreat

·
Super Moderator
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
6000 Ft Climb Ride .

Headed out for Pine Valley for a road called 'Pine creek road' this morning to take a fire road that go's up from there through the Cleveland National Forest on a fairly well single lane paved road . but it was not without hidden shadow pothole surprises .
I passed the Pacific Crest trail on my way to Pine valley and I connected back up with it at the top 6000ft level where there's a Desert View of the El Centro Valley / Most of the vegetables you eat are from there .
All n all, a Great 90 Mile Street ride with the Z' today .
Laguna Mountains - Wikipedia
The highest point is Cuyapaipe Mountain at 6,378 feet (1,944 m). The mountains are largely contained within the Cleveland National Forest. Snow falls on the highest peaks several times a year. Mount Laguna is a village in the Laguna Mountains with a population of about 80.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In-Ko-Pah Mountains ride.

Headed for the In-Ko-Pah Mountains this morning buy way of the Mexican border fence road . I thought about squeezing the Z' thru the fence, and go get some Tacos, But' but even with the Z's sleek profile it was a no/go and as you can see Jumping it is out of the question. The In-Ko-Pah's are the Steepest , Rocky'st, Mountain range in the area. 2 or 3 parts of the road are paved at the steepest sections, but today proved to be to much for the little Z' . But Not due to its hill-climbing capabilities , it was the lack of Ground clearance that prevented me from getting to the Peak . Even going slow in 1st gear I crunched the Pipe 4 or 5 times , but it is practically a skid plate by design anyways :wink2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
. Even going slow in 1st gear I crunched the Pipe 4 or 5 times , but it is practically a skid plate by design anyways :wink2:
Update :surprise:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Desert View Tower

After one of my last rides and UFO' sightings , I passed by the The Desert View Tower . It's at the farthest east mountain range from San Diego just before you drop into Anza Borrego desert floor .I haven't stopped in there for 10 years or so I went back yesterday just for a quick ride to break in a new chain.
Its 5 story's of circular rooms with 360* views. and outside rock carving's for hiking around in.
More Pic's here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=desert+view+tower+jacumba&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj9xe_avcbZAhUQ_WMKHebWBL8QsAQIigE&biw=1088&bih=498

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
McCains valley ride

Was just going out for a couple of muffler mod' sound videos but once your on the Z' there's just no stopping . Headed for a close to home overlook of the goat canyon trestle train tracks .also the same train tracks in my above posts. a area well known for its old mining caves and picturesque rock formations
The rock in picture 2 is straight across from rock in picture 3 , so do the math :eek:
The goat canyon trestle is the tallest wooden bridge in the world.
a link for for all the nature and history enthusiast
https://californiathroughmylens.com/goat-canyon-trestle

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The little Z' that could.

I think i can , I think i can ...... and I Did :D

The Lowenbrau Pinnacle Peak was the challenge for the day . I took my Z' out to Lark Canyon off-road park on my van just in case the trails decided to prove a little to rough and I would not be able to ride it home . but except for a little high side crash on a deep sand hill climb to the Lowenbrau Rock' that took 4 try's and engine temp was at 257 degrees so if i didn't make it on the fourth try i was going to scrub the challenge and head back to camp, but it made it up. And it sucked up everything else with ease . the park is a mecca of short tight twisty turns for miles and lots of longer single track trails . and huge oak trees for shade and camping .

Lowenbrau Pinnacle by jeff nichols, on Flickr

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To Z' Sand Dunes

Thinking the Z' has concord everything I've put in front of it . time to see how it does in the dunes . Ya , Pure, Deep, Soft, Sand Dunes . I Headed to camp out last night close to the back way into the dunes , due to easier slopes to get into the dunes . Picked out my way up to what looked the best way in but only made it 3/4 of the way up the first slope . and there's another 1/4mi of slopes before reaching the sand dunes ...
Time to Just Say No ... I would try it again with knobby's instead of the street slicks that i was trying to ski uphill with, but just to ride around the lower edges of the dunes .

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey small bike struggle in deep sand tires wil help but man i still just dont know if the little wheels will do it. Kodos to you for trying. Tou are a z125 rock star

·
Super Moderator
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just dont know if the little wheels will do it.
As in the 12" Diameter ?
Fighting front end tuck in all of my sand-washes has been a constant battle . I was thinking it was the street tires or the short wheelbase vs weight ? ,
I don't know anything about the small wheel diameter factor ..
I'll go goggle it , or anything else you know about it post it up :wink2:

·
Registered
44 Posts
slide back on the seat and gas it if you have the right tires and can get up on the plan you will be good. I would think about 20 mph to get up on top of the sand.

·
Super Moderator
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kenda 761's Report

Tested the Kenda's today. I headed out to the local off-road park to take a run at the steepest , longest hill out there . and WTF I actually made it up , I was just going to see how far I could go for laughs ... so with new kendas making me think I'm Joe-moto plus adrenaline plus luck took me up . but it wasn't pretty' I was step-in and fetchen most all of the way up . I need a Go-Pro :eek:
Overall not sure how much they helped climbing but quite noticeable how stable the bike tracks on trails now, and a good 30 percent improvement in the steering in the deep sand with 16psi front and 22psi rear
Of course there's no taken pictures on the way up , but did get some pic's on the way down . (disclaimer) Nothing ever looks step in pictures :confused:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rock On Ride

Short morning run out to the local off-road park to take a run at the steepest , longest Rock out there . and WTF I actually didnt made it up :mad: . My 15t sprocket was not my friend today, I could not get a momentum run at it because its a 45 degree angle from trail to start of rock . I did get to slide back 3-4 feet to a ledge where i could park it and grab a few pic's.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Super Moderator
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice ! If you dont put that in the Selfies .... I am ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just ordered some knobbies and I'm taking the z125 to the Dunes at Sand Lake Oregon next weekend. I'll be sure to post some pictures and I might take my go pro and get some videos of what the bike can do out there. Looks like you were pretty successful out in the sand kaw'ee. Cant wait to tear it up out there

1 - 20 of 23 Posts