Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the ECU recall done a couple months ago and I notice that when I rev in neutral, the rpms hang a little and then slowly drop back to idle. I heard from someone that this is normal because of the ECU recall that was done. Is this true?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Guess I won't be doing the update, lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've got the same issue with mine. Fortunately I was able to keep my old ECU. I'll be swapping them tomorrow to see if that goes away because I never had the stalling issue that the recall was for to begin with anyway.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Fox, what update? Your making me nervous right now LOL
I don't know of this update, but if it's out there and you take the bike to a dealer for anything and they see there's a ECU flash from Kawi due, they will flash it. I'll go to the back and check with my service dept.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I noticed mine hangs at 3400 sometimes when I blip the throttle. I'm going to see where mine sits in the recall.

EDIT:
Just ran my VIN and it HAS the new flashed ECU, so that's why I'm having the hanging issue as well.

Ok KAWASAKI, fix this cause this could be a safety issue.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I don't understand the issue. So the revs hang a bit. That just means less rev matching between gears.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I don't understand the issue. So the revs hang a bit. That just means less rev matching between gears.
At 3400 not much rev matching in that area.

·
Registered
875 Posts
So when shifting, it's a non issue. Only a problem when showing off and revving the motor in neutral right?

·
Registered
330 Posts
The problem is if you want to blip the throttle before taking off, it can sometimes hang. Not really a problem... Looking for the revs to drop after the blip and it doesn't just makes you have to adjust on the fly.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I was thinking it makes the clutch more n00b friendly. If blipping the throttle before letting out the clutch, a little rev hang gives the rider more time to let the clutch out before the RPM drops to idle and stalls.

I really think it's a non-issue unless you want to sit and rev the piss out of the motor to draw attention to yourself.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I bet it is an emissions issue. A rapidly closed throttle cause the combustion to emit a lot of junk (NOx I think), a lot of cars do this same thing.
I think you are right because my Mustang does this too, but between gears when shifting. We do think it's emissions related cause the tuners can't get it out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts