Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a set of these Area22 black reasets with no instructions .Anyone have the instructions ?? Ive put many a set on the big bikes but this set has a lot of bushings etc . Don't want to muck it up . Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
So I bought a set of these Area22 black reasets with no instructions .Anyone have the instructions ?? Ive put many a set on the big bikes but this set has a lot of bushings etc . Don't want to muck it up . Thanks
I have the green ones and I just looked at all the pictures on the web site to get an idea on how to install them.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
The design of these area22's for the rear brake is terrible. I recommend finding a way to make it stronger. Mine was so bad I removed them and installed a less expensive eBay China version that had a jack shaft going through the bearing with a steel arm to push the brake piston and pull the spring for the brake light. They were about 40 bucks less and a much better design. Took a while to ship but other than that I love them. I'm 6'3 and these are perfect. I'll try and post pics soon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok guys .I may need some close up picks .Looks like it would be simple until i spotted a bunch of metal bushings in the package .That has me wondering !! Mike I'm 5'7" 155 lb . maybe the rear sets from area 22 will be fine with me .I guess ill find out .

·
Registered
67 Posts
The position of the pegs was fine, like I said only problem I had was the design of the linkage between the brake pedal and the master cylinder. It uses a long spacer that bends when you put any pressure on the rear brake. I'm sure you could use almost anything larger in place to make it stronger. Also don't forget to use some blue loctite on all the screws. I've made that mistake twice!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just received this today and installed. Unfortunately it has a major design flaw. The rear brake pedal linkage as mentioned by helicopter mike is absolute crap. Ill post a pic for reference. No matter how tightly its installed it will still move around and eventually move around and loosen. No wonder they send an extra linkage as spare coz it will eventually break. Itll work for the first few braking cycles then later move around therefore you have NO REAR BRAKE! Very very dangerous. Too bad since everything else is fine except for that one thing

·
Registered
67 Posts
I installed the same set I believe. Anyone looking for sets should study the pics shown in this post and stay away from the area22 sets. You want something that has the linkage inline with the brake piston. If I remember the better ones are even less expensive than the Area22 set on ebay. Only down side is shipping seemed to take a while.

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Z177
33 Posts
I haven't came across those issues. Instructions are non existent. They look good but like Helicopter Mike said they are designed poorly. I don't rely on my back brake too much either. Also, not very adjustable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for doing all this leg work fellas!!! Even though there are some design issues they all look great on the Z!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts